Viewing 26 posts - 161 through 186 (of 186 total)
  • One bike, one battery, one hundred miles
  • avdave2

He’s coming in from the wrong angle in that photo, presumably he’s been to the old tap not the new one, that must of cost him at least 25 meters, good job it’s flat

unfit
    Free Member

Awesome effort. Congratulations on an excellent ride 😎

NigE5
    Free Member

Well done brilliant

simondbarnes

How much power left at the finish then? Or did he beast it up the final hill to use it all up?

andyg1966

Robs finished at 16:14.

4 bars at Alfriston, he was so quick up there that he beat me through Jevington. Max attack up from Jevington saw in in Eastbourne with one bar left.

I’ll create an album rather than post lots of pics.

Bez

10h14m… so… the obvious question is: what’s the quickest Rob’s done the Way on a non-motorised bike? 😉

PePPeR

Excellent, well done. Can’t wait to hear from Rob himself.

singletrackmind

Having done it today and getting to Alfriston pasty stop with 3/4 of the available juice left then surely next time you could knock maybe an hour off that with more ‘linear’ use of the available electrons.

nealglover
    Free Member

10h14m… so… the obvious question is: what’s the quickest Rob’s done the Way on a non-motorised bike? 😉

I don’t think the answer to that question is going to increase the sales of ebikes 😉

FB-ATB

Maybe an attempt at the double on a YT Decoy with its bigger battery?

matt_outandabout

🤘

(Still don’t get it, but what fun)

geex
    Free Member

Tune in tomorrow to follow Rob ride a 1997 Giant ATX-One back home.

I (clearly) still don’t get it either. but well done. you nutter!

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Result. Nice work Rob.

Sanny
    Free Member

Brilliant! Just brilliant!

I just love this kind of challenge. Forget round the world at a record speed. This is much more my kind of slightly daft but fun challenge.

Looking forward to the write up and more pics.

Cheers

Sanny

seosamh77
    Free Member

Well done.

So much distance was power actually used for? 4 bars left right up till the last 20 miles, and then used up 3 bars to end? (dunno the route or area at all, so I’m guessing after a quick look at the map and comments?)

DrP

So hang on.. It took ten and a quarter hours..
    Yeah, I’d want to know robs general SDW time, cos it almost seems as if he had to go slower, just to eek out the battery?

I dunno.. I’m a bit fick!

DrP

robcolliver
    Free Member

Hi all, been for brekkie and a quick gym so sorry for the slow update.
    I will do the details later, but safe to say the ‘Beam me up, Scott E’ was fun to ride – you can just point it and shoot. I really enjoy the suspension set up but 130mm is more than the SDW really demands, it did make for a faster ride on the bumpy bits and more fun approaching gates than my Tallboy permits.
    I don’t actually know my best time for a SDW – I allowed 12 hours a leg when initially plotting the SDW Double Double and then tweeked the schedule and I did have a 14 hour time for this e-thing in mind before I got on the Scott back in November but I reduced that to 12 hours in the weeks before announcing the challenge (I kept it a bit QT so nobody else would beat me to giving it a bash!)
    Super pleased with a 10.25 hour crossing and lots of that goes to the support crew who were really slick.

Got to wash the bike as it squirted loads of Stans Race all over whilst puncturing before Holden Farm – my first puncture for simply ages which took 10 mins to plug, coz I’m raw at doing it.

More later.

bikebouy
    Free Member

🤩🥇🎥

damascus
    Free Member

👍

senorj

Bravo

robcolliver
    Free Member

To add to the mystery of ebike battery life indicators (I know they are not linear cos I spent ages testing/ watching it, the battery is showing two bars now and its been nowhere near a charger!
    Shall I go round again?

Poopscoop

Just caught up on the thread. Nice one!

As for going round again,I think you should, yes.😁

robcolliver
    Free Member

Here is a recap of the ride and some more background as to how it came to be.

To be honest, I didn’t know STW had an ebike specific section, but the world of e is growing, so why not?

Thanks for publishing and happy reading!

South Downs Way: One ebike, One battery, One hundred miles

geex
    Free Member

My Ebike has just done 756 miles on one charge and is still showing 5 bars.

Me n the Tuffnells driver know each other on first name terms now. 😉
    He doesn’t think Ebikes are all “that” heavy either.

andyg1966

Happy to help Rob, you certainly kept us on out toes as you went through. Missing you at Jevington was a real surprise given the Alfriston climb.

senorj

Enjoyed the write up Rob,ta.

Viewing 26 posts - 161 through 186 (of 186 total)

The topic ‘One bike, one battery, one hundred miles’ is closed to new replies.