Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • One Bike
  • I_Ache
    Free Member

When reducing bikes from say 1 6"FS and a 5.5" HT has anybody found they have longed for the bike they sold?

Thinking about getting rid of my Pitch and just having the Sovereign. I know its entirely possible to just have one bike even if it is a HT but is it wise?

Ringo
    Free Member

Trying to flog my pace now andy and replace it with a 29er which I'll keep rigid and ss that will leave me with the cotic which will have some suspension and maybe a gear or two. Just don't use my pace enough to warrant keeping it

wwaswas

you could always use the money you get to buy somethign else after a week…

nickc

I did a couple of years ago, sold a Hummer, Helius FR and an Inbred SS and bought a Chameleon. Best thing I ever did. No effing about choosing a bike to ride, only one to repair when it goes wrong, more money for nicer bits, more space in the shed, less bike angst.

Suits me

tinsy
    Free Member

Your bikes kinda overlap anyhow, I guess they are specific to the type of riding you do… neither would work for me as 1 bike..

wwaswas

I used to have 1 bike the problem was if anythign went wrong you couldn't ride it until you'd got it fixed. Was a right pain if the shock needed a service or something had to be ordered.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

I got a Sovereign to replace a FS I have never found myself wishing i had the FS at any point yet, but the frame is still in the garage for now.

Keep the Pitch for a few months but use the Sovereign, if you ever get back and wish you had used the Pitch you will know to keep it, if not sell it.

I_Ache
    Free Member

John I thought you had a 104 on order?

In reality most of my riding is relatively flat and I dont really need the Pitch for that. And for the rare times I do go off to a DH track I guess the Sovereign is probably tough enough to cope I just need my skills to improve and fill the compensation gap.

Breaking the Pitch would free up quite a bit of money.

Regarding the having to wait for suspension to be serviced etc. I don't even ride that much. I think having two bikes has come around because I want two bikes not because I need them for all the different types of riding I do.

I fear I will get bike envy and want another FS if I get rid of it. But it might cure upgradeitus.

tron
    Free Member

Avoiding upgraditis is easy. You just avoid reading any magazines and spending too long on here.

One bike isn't that much of a shocker either. If your bike breaks and you can't get it fixed, just hire a cheapy for the day or go for a road ride…

Ringo
    Free Member

Cancelled the 104 after seeing one at the ssec I want a niner

I_Ache
    Free Member

Is the 104 not that nice then?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘One Bike’ is closed to new replies.