Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)
  • One-armed cyclist – sad news
  • OmarLittle
    Free Member

Sad news, my condolences

Rest in Peace

TN
    Free Member

Buzz, I’m sorry you found yourself in a similar position and I thank you for taking the time to reply with your thoughts. It means a lot. I will definitely be considering counselling. There is a very good charity here in Sheffield that deals with that kind of thing, so I will be speaking to them next week.

I am sure tomorrow will be a good day really, despite the obvious sadness and I am looking forward to hearing everyones tales of “dumbassery” that I missed out on – I am quite sure there will be a lot of those!!!

therealhoops
    Free Member

It’s never good to here of a rider down. I hope I never have to face cancer, it scares the arse out of me thinking about it. The courage required is truly humbling. We are all made of star stuff, but some of us shine brighter than others.

Hope it goes well tomorrow.

yours, TheRealHoops (one of the dim ones)

ps. Bike riders never die, they just get recycled.

TN
    Free Member

Thank you all for your messages. The past two and a bit weeks have been horrible, but I have been busy organising stuff and it’s kept me occupied. Who knew there was so much to do.

His funeral on Friday was perfect, it really was. We gathered in a beautiful green valley and the sun shone throughout the service, even though it had rained for days before and it rained for days afterwards. There were a few tears but mostly I saw lots of smiles and there was some laughter.
    I just wish J had been there in a more active role to see just how lovely it was, and how many people came to say goodbye. I think he’d’ve approved.
    Two of the funeral blokes said it was the nicest funeral they had ever attended and so many people came up to me afterwards and said the same – that they didn’t realise a funeral could be such a ‘happy’ occasion. I think that’s how it should be and a testament to what a nice bloke J was and what a pair of hippies we were. LOL.

Now all the organisation is over I think I am going to struggle with the loneliness. I know there are so many people there for me, that I am not alone, but it is funny how – even in a room full of people – you can suddenly feel so very lonely. I’ll get there though…

(Erm, thanks for listening. I think I just needed to get that out)

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Really sad news but the funeral sounds like it was exactly what J would have wanted. I hope you can overcome the loneliness as time goes on and I’m guessing all of our thoughts are with you.

I’m not sure if you ride but if you do, get out there and do some miles with a group.

Viewing 5 posts - 81 through 85 (of 85 total)

The topic ‘One-armed cyclist – sad news’ is closed to new replies.