• This topic has 20 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by Daffy.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Once You Go Fat….My New Puffin.
  • Daffy

My first foray into the weird world of Fat Biking.

First impressions are…surprising. It’s quite nimble, deceptively fast, and, perhaps predictably, perfect on sodden grass.

Total weight is 31.8lbs on my Topeak Prepstand. I think tubeless and a Carbon fork would have me below 30lbs.

postierich
    Free Member

Just bought a cheap dropper for mine can now take it on tech fests brilliant bike!
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/EuCabm]Untitled[/url] by Richard Munro, on Flickr

Davesport

Like your bike Daffy 😀 If I was to build another (non Surly) fatty it would be like yours. 30 lbs is a pipedream for me 👿

MoreCashThanDash

I keep opening Fatbike threads to see if the pictures will make me realize that I really don’t need one.

Another fail…..

Bregante

That’s really nice. I’ve just entered the fatbike world but as above mine is a good 4 or 5 lbs heavier than yours. Not that I’ve ridden the thing yet 🙄 ….

NormalMan

Really like that.

I’m another fat convert though so maybe it doesn’t count.

ian-r

Lovely looking bike Daffy
    How did you get on with the JJs on the Halo rims? Do you think they will go tubeless?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Really like that.

I’m another fat convert though so maybe it doesn’t count.

+1 to both. Always liked white bikes, too.

no_eyed_deer
    Free Member

Sweet bike Daffy. Likewise, not relinquishing my urge for FB curiousness any..

Please tell me you haven’t managed to sell your Mojo SLR yet. I was kinda hoping you’d be able to stick it in stasis until I’m ready to upgrade my Mojo (which is currently unridden, gradually, slowly still being built!). Looked a really lovely frame that.. 😉

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Couple of Q’s.

1) Are Halo Tundra’s the same rims as On-One Emmentals, Calibre Dunes’s etc?

2) Are you running them tubeless?

ian-r

Thisisnotaspoon
    I changed from OO to Tundra rims and I think they are the same profile. Which was annoying as I changed because of the issues I had seating the tyres on the OO rims!

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Which was annoying as I changed because of the issues I had seating the tyres on the OO rims!

Ha! Cheers, I’m just debating between selling my fatty whole or splitting it as and when I upgrade bits of my new bike. The main stumbling point is the front wheel and I’m debating between a new wheel and a new hub. The main thing I’m after is a simpler and more reliable tubeless setup, and so far only carbon rims seem to offer that, problem is there’s no money in the pot for both carbon rims and a bluto at the same time.

letmetalktomark

@ Richard – Which dropper post is that?

Looking for on for my Puffin 🙂

Sam

Really nice build Daffy – glad you are liking it! Mind if I steal a pic or two for the owners gallery?

rocketman
    Free Member

Cool bike!

roverpig

This thread is doing nothing for my fatbike resistance either and I don’t even like white bikes 🙂

Looking forward to hearing how you get on with it out on the trails too.

Daffy

Hey Sam, I tried to stay faithful to the Puffin colour scheme. Please help yourself.

nedrapier

Very nice, Daffy!

Rich – great price, not so great availability!

How are you finding the 4″JJ/Hugo Combo? Looking at trying the 4″ JJs on my marge lites.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

27.2 eTen with remote is 125 quid at Stif. Xfusion Hi Lo 150ish at Freeborn.

Daffy

Hey Ian, I hope they’ll go tubeless, but some of the comments above seem to indicate that I may have my work cut out for me.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Once You Go Fat….My New Puffin.’ is closed to new replies.