Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Once it's been established that 29ers are superior to 26ers….
  • geetee1972
    Free Member

How are you going to feel when someone on a 26er is still faster than you are on your 29er?

ton

all my mates ride 26” and they are all way faster than me on 29”.
    and the rougher the trail gets, the bigger the gap gets.

flashes
    Free Member

Horses for courses………….

tk46hal
    Free Member

Guys!

It’s not the bike, but the fitness of the riders that determine who’s the faster!
    I have both and prefer the 29er ride, but I’m still the faster rider even on a 26er in my group! 😉

singlespeedstu

There’s always someone faster what ever bike they’re on. 🙂

rOcKeTdOg

geetee1972 – Member
    How are you going to feel when someone on a 26er is still faster than you are on your 29er?

it’s not happened yet, but i am a riding Emperor

shortcut

I have become accustomed to getting overtaken no matter what I ride. It just happens less since getting the big wheeler!

cakefacesmallblock

Unless you race, does anyone actually, I mean, really, really, really give a hoot ? (Except of course MBR). Anyone would think the trade expect every serious mountain biker to simply wade in and buy one. OK then.

Spin
    Free Member

I think this superiority should be easy to establish mathematically 29>26.

29ers are exactly 3 better than 26ers. If we convert to a metric measurement we can see that the advantage is even greater as 29er=700 and 26er=650 so 29ers are 50 better.

I expect these incessant threads to end now as i have done proved it with the power of numbers.

ojom
    Free Member

They get pushed by the wind too much though. Could barely turn a corner tonight in the new town. Brutal.

yunki
    Free Member

If anyone deemed themselves worthy of overtaking me on their inferior 26er I would take umbrage..

In fact, I would become incandescent with rage and would be left with no option other than to challenge the loathsome fellow to a duel..

( I predict that duelling by armed combat will become the new niche in 2012..)

emac65
    Free Member

Ask everyone who rides one around Cannock………….. 8)

they usually come out with some BS about just riding for fun….. 😯

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

You’d better not bring a clown bike to the Alps Mark 😡

ojom
    Free Member

If i can get a seat on the plane with these huge shoes it should be fine though eh?

fatalbert
    Free Member

26 is the new retro bike 🙂

metalheart
    Free Member

thebikechain – Member
    They get pushed by the wind too much though. Could barely turn a corner tonight in the new town. Brutal.

This. I was up Pitfichie on Xmas day and it windy as. I was walking a bit ( 😳 ) and the bike was being blown like a bloody gate. I had to actually hold it down!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Once it's been established that 29ers are superior to 26ers….’ is closed to new replies.