Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Onboard camera footage. Only Isle of Man TT does it justice!
  • flanagaj
    Free Member

ITV4 now if you want to see some real edge of the seat onboard camera footage. These guys are something else.

amplebrew

I’m riding and/or driving on the TT course everyday and find the speeds they can average amazing.

All the TT entrants must be super human to do what they do.

takisawa2

Agreed. That corner where they have to dip their shoulder to avoid the road sign…insane.

zbonty

Incredible stuff. Good to see McGuiness get the seniors race.

amplebrew

It’s gone really quiet now it’s all over; can’t believe how fast the 2 weeks goes by 🙁

The Island gets a whole new lease of life during TT and the great weather really made this years TT.

I’ve just got the ITV4 coverage to remind me of how great it was 8)

This video starts as the bikes come through Kirk Michael where I live. 30mph limit road in a built up area!!!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0CI8nRJaIg[/video]

flanagaj
    Free Member

Agreed, it was great to see John McGuiness stamp his authority by winning the final race. Still, I like many others still want to see Guy Martin lifting the trophy. I just hope he is not the Bobby George of the TT world!

Sad it is over as it is the one sporting event year that I love to watch and ITV4 have the coverage and commentators spot on. All credit to them!

racefaceec90

love the tt (never been YET 😉 they are something else,those guys.
    was gobsmacked to learn that joey dunlop’s last tt win (1000cc supersport) was at 48! 😯 (watched the doc about him.r.i.p joey 🙁

the_lecht_rocks

Amplebrew, can you recommend a hotel for myself and my wife for next years TT please ?

amplebrew

the_lecht_rocks – Member
    Amplebrew, can you recommend a hotel for myself and my wife for next years TT please ?

Depends on where you want to stay.

If you want to stay in Douglas any of the ones listed here will be great.

I’d start ringing around though as you’ll probably find that most will already be booked up.

Homestay is probably the best way to find digs during the TT.

Douglas is the centre, but Peel and Port Erin are both lovely places to stay and a bit quieter.

You could also look at camping maybe as you can hire a pre-erected tent, so you don’t need to worry about carrying one.

Glen Wyllin campsite is realy nice and Glen Lough is good as well.

I’d definitely get your travel arrangements and digs sorted soon though.

Before I moved over here, I used the Homestay scheme as it is by far the easiest way to secure somewhere to stay during TT.

Crell
    Free Member

Excellent vid amplebrew. Thanks for sharing.

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

A couple of my mates did the homestay thing & enjoyed it.
    I’m planning on going over for the manx in August,Liverpool boats only have space for foot passengers so I’ll take the pushbike..
    If we decide to go to next years TT we’ll be booking early.

amplebrew

Crell – Member
    Excellent vid amplebrew. Thanks for sharing.

I use that stretch of road on a daily basis and can’t even begin to comprehend riding at those speeds.

The ITV4 coverage is amazing, but it doesn’t really come close to actually being there.

The speed them come past is unbelievable, you just wouldn’t think it was possible.

Bustaspoke – Member
    A couple of my mates did the homestay thing & enjoyed it.
    I’m planning on going over for the manx in August,Liverpool boats only have space for foot passengers so I’ll take the pushbike..
    If we decide to go to next years TT we’ll be booking early.

Funnily enough, I saw lots of visitors riding around on bikes. The roads away from the TT course are really great, just don’t cycle over the mountain between Ramsey and the Creg whilst it’s one way 😯

The Manx GP / Classic TT is great as it’s quieter and you don’t get the power rangers trying to achieve a 130mph lap on open roads. It hasn’t quite got the same atmosphere and excitement though.

I’d definitely recommend coming over for at least one TT and making sure you’re over for the senior race on the last Friday. The excitement and build up to the final senior race is fantastic.

momo

Amplebrew, you have no idea how jealous I am of you right now! I came back from the island yesterday, having been out there since the Friday before practice week, and I already want to go back, such a beautiful place.

I’m planning to go over again in the next couple of months for a weekend with MrsMomo (will have to be in the car this time though as I don’t think she’d like to be stuck on the back of a motorbike for a whole weekend!)

This years races have been fantastic, Michael Dunlop has really matured in the last year and a bit, proving himself to be the worthy successor to the Dunlop legacy. Was great to see McPint grab the Senior again this year though, and Dunlop being gracious in defeat!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Onboard camera footage. Only Isle of Man TT does it justice!’ is closed to new replies.