• This topic has 0 replies, 1 voice, and was last updated 9 years ago by ton.
Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)
  • On the other hand, The best bike you ever owned?
  • vmgscot

My first roadie built using a skipped Reg Harris frame and parts from the scrappy and with the help of a 1st edition Richard’s Bicycle Book. I was 13 and it gave me a lot of freedom and adventure.

rucknar
    Free Member

Has to be current bike, Intense Spider 29er, just way more capable than i.
    That said… If were talking about love, probably my Trek Bruiser 2, with upgraded brakes and wheels, never since felt as confident on a bike as i did with that.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Cove Stiffee. I miss my stiffee.

racefaceec90

actually 2 bikes i will have to say.

my 2002 cannondale F800 in matt black with lefty fork,and my 2010 giant anthem X2 (in blue with white fox fork).

both fantastic bikes to me (and i miss them).

jonnouk
    Free Member

My current bike ’06 Tomac Omen. Mostly it’s my best as it’s the only bike I’ve ever had that hasn’t been knicked or run over.

For riding qualities my Specialized P3 would be my favourite, despite its lack of replaceable hanger. That was a fun bike to ride/jump/trick. After being run over by a motorbike, then torched in a fire the P3 gave up after being run over by a car.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

My Horsethief is probably the best bike I’ve owned, definitely taken me up a large notch in what I’m tackling. Still even though I’ve said in the past its the safest bike in the cupboard I keep getting urges to swap, Rockets, Banshees and the new Horsethief all appeal.
    [/url]Dunker HPE 008 by Bigbroondug, on Flickr[/img]

racefaceec90

ah forgot to add another one.

my 2012 specialized tarmac sport road bike.

loved it.

GregMay
    Free Member

Favourite bike I own would be my Ti Fargo – I adore this bike, capable on everything.

One bike I could never sell… my ratty fixed Fuji Track commuter. 10 years old, well over 15,000km on it between training and commuting duties. I love it despite the fact that the seatpost is welded into place, and the quill stem is about 1 degree off to the left and cant be removed.

colournoise

Probably this. Still can’t let it go (currently in the conservatory on a turbo).

taxi25
    Free Member

I try not to look back so my best bike ever is always my current one.
    At the moment its a weight watched Trek superfly 100 sl elite 😀
    I have no doubt my next one will be the best ever LOL.

tomhoward

It’s not the best I’ve had by any quanitfiable amount, but I loved my 05 Demo 8 the mostest

officerfriendly
    Free Member

good god man! did you let your wife colourway your bike too!!!
    PS you appear to have let her fit a chainstay protector….to an SS. Have a word…

Hahaha naw, I gotta take the credit for that 😆 and it was on the frame when I bought it, why take it off? 😀

Is this you?

Yes, I confesss….

MY GOD MAN…… are you trying to make STW implode?

How so? xD

tandemonium
    Free Member

Don’t think we will ever get around to selling this one. Even though Mrs F now has & rides her own bike.

DSCF0036-1 by bigfoot_on_bikes, on Flickr

biff

My Jones – 2006 and still loving it. Tempted to up-fat the fork,
    but the ride was proper sorted way back then. A genuine original.

Not as shiney at the moment. I need to clean it up a bit. Scotchbrite.

snownrock

In the spirit of N+1 isn’t the best bike you’ve ever owned always the next one?

NormalMan

My 1990 Fisher Celerity. It has been through various guises but I just love it. So much so, that when getting back into mtbing enough to buy ‘modern’ bikes I went through a few as none had the instant feeling of ‘just right’ that a Fisher did.

That said, I am mighty close to the buzz it gives with my Solaris too now!

stilltortoise
    Free Member

This. I don’t miss it because I have a fab MTB and road bike now, but if I could only have one bike this would be it. When I first bought it, it was crap, but after replacing a few parts I turned it into a “just right” bicycle that was effortless to ride.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/nB5FYA]My old Bianchi. Fond memories.[/url] by stilltortoise, on Flickr

The frame is still hanging on my shed wall waiting for the day…

Viewing 17 posts - 81 through 97 (of 97 total)

The topic ‘On the other hand, The best bike you ever owned?’ is closed to new replies.