Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • On the back of the FS thread with the £3.5k shoes!!
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/massive-clearout-surly-sugino-ortlieb-goldtec-continental-zipp-much-more

how can ANYONE justify £3.5k on shoes? How long do they take to make, raw materials, levels of “craftsmanship”??

How does anyone expect on a bike site to sell these items of high class tat?

thepurist

Meanwhile on shoetrackworld…

how can ANYONE justify £3.5k on a bike? How long do they take to make, raw materials, levels of “craftsmanship”??

How does anyone expect on a shoe site to sell these items of high class tat?

nick1962
    Free Member

Now if only they were black.

Nick

They are pretty gopping aren’t they, in fact all the shoes he’s selling are. Still they might be nice to wear I suppose, would have to be!

rob-jackson
    Free Member

nick – you’re thinking what i am!
    Surely if they are custom/peronalised they won’t fit anyone else?

endurogangster
    Free Member

Unless your his identical foot twin! And think of the savings!

glupton1976
    Free Member

Now I’m not saying that those shoes are stolen BUT. The kind of person who can afford £3.5k on a pair of shoes is not the kind of person to be selling skid damaged tyres, hubs with rough bearings or bald minions….. Something is not right – or it’s a troll.

scruff
    Free Member

A serial classifieds abuser, should be banned IMO (for lack of taste)

MussEd
    Free Member

And how come all his very dear, and usually bogging shoes, are completely different sizes? I’ve asked him this but no answer was forthcoming…

vinnyeh

DP.

vinnyeh

how can ANYONE justify £3.5k on shoes? How long do they take to make, raw materials, levels of “craftsmanship”??

I’ll ask my wife when she gets home.

Btw, he has sold at least one of the pairs of shoes, in the early version of the ad there was a pair of boots with a strip of leather torn off by the toe, for £40. Somebody spotted the bargain, I guess.

trailofdestruction
    Free Member

However, I do still want those follow focuses (sp?)

wwaswas

from the website the seller linked to:

Crocodile Shoes 9,256.00

Does this include danger money whilst measuring the size of the Crocodiles feet?

To be fair he doesn’t say they cost *him* the amounts he’s listed only that they cost that much when new.

fasthaggis

I think it’s great ,that on the same page as the £3000 shoes ,there’s the Conti tyre with a big brake scuff.

It gives it that ,something here for everyone feel 🙂

convert

I like adverts like that – it’s a bit car crash telly but you get a real insight into the weird worlds some folk inhabit.

plyphon
    Free Member

I like shoes probably a bit much more than the average bloke but even my most expensive pair come in at £80 max.

£3.5k?!

What an inside into how the 1% live. Shoes clearly stolen too. Someone who owns £3.5k shoes does not need to sell badly worn tyres for petty cash.

DezB
    Free Member

So the £220 T-SHIRT is pretty normal then? And, my god, it’s disgusting!

Do you think the seller has lost his feet?

scruff
    Free Member

Having feet that vary from size 10 to size 13 must be a medical miracle.

kimbers

Some of the nicest shoes money can buy.

!!

beauty is in the eye of the beholder I suppose

footflaps

That is the strangest ad I’ve seen so far on STW!

Also, some of the most Fugly shoes I’ve ever seen….

kimbers

strangest add was the picture of ronnie corbet

dibbs on corbett

Jamie
    Free Member

Now if only they were black.

DezB
    Free Member

Having feet that vary from size 10 to size 13 must be a medical miracle.

Ah, that explains it. Grew out of them, feet still growing.

Next ad:

John Lobb Two-tone Oxford Cap Toe Shoes – Size 20
    Well-worn but still functional. Custom made at great expense, costing over £8000 new.
    Asking only £750.

johndoh
    Free Member

They look like something a frumpy female maths teacher that lives alone but for 48 cats would wear.

I’d rather away to TK Maxx and buy a nice pair of Merrell shoes for £40.

peterfile
    Free Member

I’m going to guess that either:

a) the seller bought them for a very low cost and thought “I could make some money on these”
    b) they belonged to a now dead relative, in which case everyone will feel a bit mean

grahamg
    Free Member

I’m with Peterfile – I’m guessing anyone spending more than a couple of hundred on shoes will get them made bespoke, or maybe they just check random bike classifieds just in case….

richmtb

battered DH tyres for a fiver or 800 quid for second hand shoes.

The choice is yours.

Sui
    Free Member

They look too worn to be catwalk/photshoot returns, so i’d go with dead relatives or flea market jobs.

I will add, whilst £3.5K for a pair of shoes is ridiculous, it is not hard to spend £200-£400 on a good pair of shoes/boots that are not completely bespoke fitted (though some offer a service of paying £80-£150 to get your own last made, but this means shopping form the same maker for the rest of your life).

I’ve got 2 pairs o Church’s shoes each around the £400 mark, but i’ve had them 10 years and they look like new but fit like old worn in slippers. i’ve also got a £300 pair of RM Williams boots that i abuse alot**, and are still looking good with a scrub up. In the same time the missus has bought in excess of 100 pairs of wellies, boots, shoes, high-heels etc which will of cost far, far more…

**i learnt my lesson with Timberland boots being utter tosh..

my view is to treat Shoes as an investment, look after your footwear, and they’ll look after you.

tomhoward

Peterfile’s option b was my first thought.

chakaping
    Free Member

No offers please. Prices are firm. Postage is extra.

Asking only £799,

No you’re not, you’re telling!

obadiah
    Free Member

Apologies all especially to unklehomered having seen this thread Mrs O insists I immediately repost the ad for her shoes – they’re still unsold, along with the earrings – offers welcome
    http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/fs-ot-boden-pumps-ms-flats-pearl-silver-earrings-1

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

£20 for a £25 tyre with a bloody great scuff on it amused me most.
    Only skidded once. From the top of Ventoux to the bottom…amazing what people will try and sell (or people will buy, I guess).

footflaps

or people will buy, I guess

or not in this case 🙂

theotherjonv

PMSL at DezB’s photo. Colleague looking at me oddly.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I think he’s been too reticent in his marketing, really he needs more exposure.

meehaja
    Free Member

guy lives in London… When I was a young fella I went out with a model (get me) she had lots of mad designer clothes adapted for her from shoots, she’d just give them away to anyone they’d fit. Shoes might be ex display/ left overs from shoot/ horrific foot wear taste. also the seller may be realy small and had tried to live in them? As a house, they’re pretty good value really

scruff
    Free Member

Well its back up but with no shoes, however we have jackets from medium to XL, including the ubiquitous gaybiker style leather jacket.

ElShalimo

Maybe the seller is a cannibal with a taste for circus clowns?
    Hence the “interesting” shoe collection

DezB
    Free Member

I bought all the shoes. I’m going to sell them on eBay and make a mint 😀
    (after I’ve worn the more stylish ones and impressed my peers)

footflaps

Well its back up but with no shoes

I suspect he may have twigged that STW is not the sort of place to buy £1000 shoes, so has re-posted on shoetrackworld.com

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘On the back of the FS thread with the £3.5k shoes!!’ is closed to new replies.