Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • On State Funerals…
  • scotroutes

Will Prince Philip get one? I was just thinking we could end up with three in relatively quick succession (did you see what I did there?)

kcal

off cuff response, I’d imagine so. I am not a royal protocol expert however…

wanmankylung
    Free Member

Greece will pay for it using German money.

scotroutes

I was thinking we might have got a “3 for the price of 2” type deal.

mefty
    Free Member

probably not – more likely to be ceremonial funeral like queen mother, diana and Margaret Thatcher.

ninfan
    Free Member

Greece will pay for it using German money.

why? Phil has been a British subject since birth

RustySpanner

Why not give him a state funeral?

No fan of the royals but the lad’s put in a hell of a shift.

P-Jay
    Free Member

No, or at least probably not – he’s requested not to lay in state or to “have a big fuss” so it’ll be reasonably private I’d guess.

Liz won’t get the choice of course – but we might get 2 days off work, one for the funeral and one for the coronation.

Coyote
    Free Member

Parasites.

mefty
    Free Member

No, or at least probably not – he’s requested not to lay in state or to “have a big fuss” so it’ll be reasonably private I’d guess.

I am sure there will be a ceremonial one, probably with the gun carriage pulled by Naval ratings, as for Mountbatten, to signify his significant Naval service – this is normally reserved for full state funerals.

RustySpanner

Coyote – Member
    Parasites.

I quite agree.
    🙂

But I look at it like this;
    If I ever met the silly old sod in the pub, I’d love to buy him a pint and listen to a few tales.

So, a pint.
    Call it £3.00.

I’d be ok if a minute amount of my tax were to go toward a posh do.
    Prefer for them to pay for it themselves though.
    😀

scaredypants

I hope so

fancy an extra day off work 😉

scotroutes

The inheritance tax should be enough to pay for a wee knees up?

RustySpanner

You could sober up the locals long enough to post a couple of bottles as a parting gift.
    🙂

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

ninfan – Member

Phil has been a British subject since birth

Not according to the Official Website of the British Monarchy, which I suspect is a more reliable source of information on the matter. Quote :

Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh was born a Prince of Greece and Denmark in Corfu in 1921, but renounced his Royal title when he became a naturalised British subject in 1947….

So he became a British subject 26 years after he was born then.

http://www.royal.gov.uk/ThecurrentRoyalFamily/TheDukeofEdinburgh/Stylesandtitles.aspx

I reckon Greece should pay for his funeral, especially if they want to talk about the Elgin Marbles.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

He might end up in an unmarked grave like Leon Brittan at this rate…

Mystery royal ‘was part of suspected paedophile ring being investigated by Scotland Yard but the inquiry was shut down for national security reasons’

Just don’t mention the Nazis!!

ernie_lynch
    Free Member

Are you saying that Prince Philip is part of a paedophile ring just like his wife JHJ?

No of course not, you much prefer to insinuate, usually with photographs. Let me help you :

Northwind

Rusty Spanner – Member

If I ever met the silly old sod in the pub, I’d love to buy him a pint and listen to a few tales.

Yeah, but the thing is, at his funeral he’ll be dead.

State funerals are all a load of pish, it’s supposed to be something we do to show the highest respect, not any old random. Thatcher was the last straw really. Though the upside was that they genuinely did burn the body and dispose of the ashes at a crossroads, that used to be the punchline to one of my jokes and they took it as good advice.

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

you much prefer to insinuate

Getting to the stage where insinuation is unnecessary ~ the source for the link provided is Mark Williams Thomas, the guy who exposed Savile

Thatchers Funeral should probably be refunded now that it’s come to light that at the very least, she knew about abuse by Peter Morrison, Cyril Smith and Jimmy Savile, before putting them forward for knighthoods~ whether the Queen was aware from their weekly meetings is debatable at this stage

cranberry
    Free Member

I had no idea that you could buy a nurse. Is there a set price for them, or do you have to pay more to buy one that wears stockings ?

jivehoneyjive
    Free Member

theotherjonv

I thought they all did. Certainly the ones I’ve seen in photos on the internet do.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘On State Funerals…’ is closed to new replies.