Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • On One Thinny pedal rebuild
  • stevie750

My On One Thinny pedals are creaking a lot.
    Does anyone know where I can find a diagram or spec for the pedal so I can rebuild it. I looked on the HT website but they have no technical documentation.

Edric64
    Free Member

I expect there will be a dustcap or nut on the free end of the pedal .There will be a locknut and a cone behind that remove both and the pedal should slide of the axle if the bearings are loose and not sealed .

woody2000

Look about halfway down the page, might be a no-go I’m afraid:

http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/on-one-thinny-pedals/page/3

GavinB

Arse. I’d missed that other thread, but have a creaking pedal due to a disintegrated ‘bearing’. I very much doubt a bearing can be sourced easily, but if anyone has solved this, I’d love to hear from you.

stevie750

Looks like they are for the bin then.

Bit of a shame, I would have expected £40 pedals to be rebuildable

passtherizla
    Free Member

Fixed mine recently… Send em to me and I’ll have a go for you…?

Had to source a new left hand threaded nut.

GavinB

Wow! After a small email exchange with HT in China, they have very kindly sent me a rebuild kit FOC, so my Thinnies are good as new. I emailed them after my last post on this topic, so they’ve been really sharp.

Anyone needing their email, drop me a line (email in profile)

TheFlea
    Free Member

Hi Gavin, whats the website address? I’ve got teh same issue and I’m looking to get a rebuild kit if poss.

thanks

GavinB

Emailed you the details. Hope they help you out.

Northwind

They use a really bloody stupid tiny outboard bearing with a flat spring beside it, very very hard to clean and regrease without damaging it, and no real sealing. Good result on the HT kit, if anyone’s not able to get that from them there’s a company that sells the rebuild kit in Australia for about £15 but I don’t think they’re worth spending money on personally.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘On One Thinny pedal rebuild’ is closed to new replies.