Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • On-one stopped doing 14" frames/bikes?
  • AlexSimon

Looking for a small 26″ wheeled bike for my first born.
    First port of call was on-one, but I apart from on the geometry tables, I can’t see any mention of them.

Stopped?
    Temporarily out of stock?

I called on-one and got told to click on a “notify” button to find out when they’re back in stock, but I can’t see a 14″ frame to get notified about!

AlexSimon

Thanks – have hit the button.

Primarily looking for a complete bike, but I guess if the frames come back in, they’ll be able to build up a bike.

tinribz
    Free Member

I’ve an almost mint 456 summer season 14″, Deore crankset, could include some (seen better day’s) bombers.

Is in lemon though. Open to offers.

AlexSimon

I think the summer season is probably a bit too tall at the front for a 11 year old, but I could be wrong. Would probably only want 100mm at the moment.

rewski
    Free Member

I was hunting around for one for my lad, ended up getting a 13″ trek 4300.

toys19
    Free Member

as a stumpy person I know that both on one and cotic regularly have difficulty getting rid of smaller sized frames. Does that mean theyw ill stop doing them? i dunno, but for example the new Cotic BFe is not available in XS. I think they might might still ahve some stock of older styles BFe’s in xs, I bought one about 6 months ago.

Big-M
    Free Member

I was told they’d stopped doing 14″ Scandals which is an ideal frame for youngsters as it’s nice & light. The Inbred is a bit too heavy IMHO.
    My 11 year old has been on a 14″ Scandal for a year or so and I’m moving his 9 year old brother onto it now. He’s moving up a size.

I’ve just moved his brother off a Trek 3700, that was their first experience of 26″ MTB’s – it’s up for sale if anyone’s interested!

AlexSimon

I was told they’d stopped doing 14″ Scandals

That’s a shame.

kelvin

Cotic now do the Soul in XS.

AlexSimon

That would be amazing, but a bit pricey for me.

The only thing I don’t want is a cheap fork. I’m trying to get something with a Recon as a minimum.
    I’ll go and try him for size on a few. If he’s a 16″, then much more options open up.

tinribz
    Free Member

Just built up a brandx jump frame for my 11 year old, first ride out tomorrow. They certainly look the part. Discontinued on CRC but plenty on fleabay.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Merlin used to do 13″ malt 1 frames. Was thinking about one for my tall 10 yr old when he grows out of his 24″ carrera blast.

AlexSimon

Merlin seem to be running their own bikes stock down – not much on there.
    I know a few people who started out with their Malts.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘On-one stopped doing 14" frames/bikes?’ is closed to new replies.