• This topic has 18 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by KPHC.
Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • On-One Pricing
  • Nobby

Been looking at building a SS & spotted a link on google for the Inbred 26er SS Ltd Edition @ £99.99. I thought I’d go & buy one only to find that it has to be the 18″ to get that price, all other sizes are £139.99.

Seems weird just reducing one size which isn’t unusual/old stock/dodgy colour etc – or is it just me?

brant
    Free Member

In that case it’s more of a google issue than an on-one one.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Everyone else does it….

Gets you in, generally it’s just pure marketing/loss leader as once you are there……

brant
    Free Member

Actually, I’ll read that properly.

No. Not odd to me. We have overstock on 18in ones (actually the most popular size) so we are trying to balance stock so drop the price to move them through faster.

It’s that, and not a “get you in” price.

Nobby

Edit: question answered.

You do have a lot more 16″ & 20″ according to the stock levels shown though.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

I’ll believe you 🙂 Though normally there are certain size/colour combo’s cheaper than others. As your the only ones selling on-ones then it’s not like your going to get up the google search on “OnOne 456”. Not saying discounting a bad colour/funny size doesn’t go on in the world of web sales….

brant
    Free Member

We would discount on slow moving or over stock. And often that is odd/weird. But not in this case.

Anyhow. 18in SS inbred frames are only £99.99 apparently. 🙂

scotroutes

It can be done either way in Google Shopping – some retailers list each size and colour separately, others (eh CRC) list them as a group with the cheapest price.

Google Shopping only lists “in stock” items too. That’s why so many retailers show stuff as being to hand that they don’t actually have.

honourablegeorge

Can’t win. The most popular size is being discounted, people still aren’t happy.

I’m just trying to avoid buying the thing.

Nobby

Guess I’ll just keep looking for a clean 16″ one & one eye on the website.

wwaswas

£140 is still a good price.

giantx4
    Free Member

Nobby theres a 16″ on ebay at 75…bit scratched & vbrake spec tho eh

wors

Now thats settled, can you get on with updating the FTM please Brant, preferably in my Garage before May please 😀

wrecker
    Free Member

Speaking of on one pricing, I was perusing the site as the evo Ti is drawing me in at present (I need to see a pic of a large though 😉 )
    I came (not literally) across this;

http://www.on-one.co.uk/i/q/CZ2055/on_one_inbred_29er_one_off_titanium_sample_frame
    Yes, it’s nice. Yes, I know it’s made by Lynskey. Yes, I know it’s a proto. BUT, is there really anyone stupid enough to believe the £4,999 original price? How can there even be an original price for a proto?
    It’s only my opinion, but even the “reduced” price of £1,999 is a bit…..adventurous.

Grab a bargain piece of history

Come on

FuzzyWuzzy

I think in On-One’s case it’s fine, they don’t do it often and I’m guessing it’s usually stock-related if they do. CRC on the other hand use it in a borderline underhand way IMO…

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Brant – any chance that you could really over order on the Scandal 29er Swap-Out Frame V2
    Size : 19.5inch
    Colour : Super Raw ? 🙂

TimothyD
    Free Member

lol at toxicsoks

TimothyD
    Free Member

Quiet smile, more accurately, but you know what I mean.

KPHC

What toxicsoks said, I’ll happily help out with any overstock of 19.5 Raw V2’s if they were £149! Or indeed an Ano Black or Taiwan Racing Green one too! Selfless to a T

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘On-One Pricing’ is closed to new replies.