Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)
  • On-one / Planet X deleting negative reviews?
  • hora
    Free Member

Refunds aren’t instant. I returned something to CRC- its upto a week to process AFTER received. I don’t see the issue?

ransos
    Free Member

Why do people assume that they should receive an instant response to every email they send?

I don’t. But given that he posted back here with the result of his investigation after I emailed him, it seemed strange that he didn’t get in contact. Anyway, fingers crossed.

scotroutes

The problem here is that brant has (heroically) set himself up as the STW/OO-PX customer services liaison rep. If it was being handled by the proper folk then one person being on holiday wouldn’t be a problem.

weeksy

The problem here is that brant has (heroically) set himself up as the STW/OO-PX customer services liaison rep. If it was being handled by the proper folk then one person being on holiday wouldn’t be a problem

I actually find it remarkable that Brant tolerates this. If I were him I’d be emailed my ‘returns/complaints’ team as soon as these things pop up with “oi, get this sorted”.

He’s obviously far nicer and more patient than myself.

hora
    Free Member

I like Brant. Like everyone he has his foibles but from meeting him etc he has a passion for bikes and customer service. Being on here sometimes leaves him open to being wound up though 😉

brant
    Free Member

ransos – Member
    I have investigated.
    We now use Feefo for reviews. A totally independent company.
    All previous reviews were deleted. And Feefo ones now used instead which are totally uneditable by us.

Ok, thanks for the update. Is that why you didn’t respond to my email last Friday, asking for the refund you offered?

Ransos – is that an email directly to me? Or to the company?

scotroutes

I actually find it remarkable that Brants Mrs tolerates this.
    [/quote]FTFY 🙂

Drac

If you call STW on here they will pull your thread. It’s their party so they have the last say.

No we won’t.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Brant has been more than helpful to me. Suspect he should delegate a bit though.

ransos
    Free Member

Ransos – is that an email directly to me? Or to the company?

The email address in your profile – brant at on-one. Maybe it ended up in your spam?

brant
    Free Member

The email address in your profile – brant at on-one. Maybe it ended up in your spam?

It’s not in my spam, I’m sorry. I can’t see it. I haven’t heard of any instances of my mail going missing, and my tests show it’s checking out.

So – can you have another go – to brant at planetx dot co dot uk, and I’ll see what I can get sorted out.

brant
    Free Member

Brant has been more than helpful to me. Suspect he should delegate a bit though.

We have a large customer service team, but I’m more than happy to pick things up here, and get feedback directly from customers.

I don’t tend to sort too much myself, but can pass things on to the right people, or fill in gaps/check for stuff where some of our team might not have the level of historical knowledge I do.

Jamie
    Free Member

This is the problem with email. They can go missing.

nickjb
    Free Member

No we won’t.

Might be worth editing the forum rules then

DO NOT post your request for a reason on the forum as we have found that this just provokes needless argument. Any such requests posted on the forum will be removed without comment.

Drac

If you call STW on here they will pull your thread. It’s their party so they have the last say.

Might be worth reading them, you’re posting a rule about asking about moderation. If you call the STW or the forum it won’t be deleted unless it’s break the rules in some other way. There’s been many a thread criticising the forum and they’ll still be here.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

Same as the clothing.

I like their merino / Coolmax tees. Great bits of kit.

natrix
    Free Member

Waiting for Yodel to deliver a Planet X bike, it was supposed to be delivered yesterday but on their tracking website it says ‘unable to gain access to building’.

Well, that would be on account of the front door being locked. However, here on planet earth we have a little button next to the door called a ‘DOORBELL’. If you push it, as if by magic, somebody will come and open the door!!!!!! 😯 😯

theflatboy
    Free Member

brant – Member

It’s not in my spam, I’m sorry. I can’t see it. I haven’t heard of any instances of my mail going missing, and my tests show it’s checking out.

So – can you have another go – to brant at planetx dot co dot uk, and I’ll see what I can get sorted out.

If you really are on holiday, I suggest turning off all internet access until you get back.

franksinatra

Seems an entirely fair explanation and response from Brant / planet x.

Now I am confused, who are we angry with? ❓ Is it Hora’s fault at all?

brant
    Free Member

If you really are on holiday, I suggest turning off all internet access until you get back.

I was on holiday last week. Back now. Thanks for your concern 😉

robdob
    Free Member

I’ve given up on PX/OO now. Need a spoke for my PX wheel, they stock them and they are on the website but not in silver, only black. So I asked via their inexplicably complicated contact process and got the reply that they don’t stock them at all as the wheels aren’t made in the UK. BIZARRE being as they have them listed on the site for mine and many other of their own wheels.

brant
    Free Member

I’ve given up on PX/OO now. Need a spoke for my PX wheel, they stock them and they are on the website but not in silver, only black. So I asked via their inexplicably complicated contact process and got the reply that they don’t stock them at all as the wheels aren’t made in the UK. BIZARRE being as they have them listed on the site for mine and many other of their own wheels.

Seems to be the day for poor customer service for customers who have given us large amounts of their money in return for our wheels.

Please could you forward me the email.

brant at planet x dot co dot uk

robdob
    Free Member

Please could you forward me the email.
    brant at planet x dot co dot uk

Have done so, thanks.

sq225917
    Free Member

You want to stop those Chinese substituting hub grease for jet wash water, then you’d get fewer warranty wheel claims.

robdob
    Free Member

Update – seems like Brant is sorting my problem out and making sure spokes are in stock from now on – hopefully that’ll help others out.

I’ll let you know when it’s resolved.

MrsPoddy
    Free Member

They aren’t the only ones. I contacted a calendar company because they forgot about the 29th February on a leap year. They just ignored me so I left them a bad review and they deleted it (twice). I sent them several emails and they ignored all of those. If I am ever in Melbourne I will pay them a visit – not that I hold grudges..

ransos
    Free Member

Update: they’ve offered me a full refund which I’m very happy with.

pete1390
    Free Member

With On-One I think you get what you pay for, but it is generally a good deal.

I had an inbred, the chainstay cracked after 20 months, it had a 2 year warranty so I got an upgrade to a scandal for £50. The scandal cracked after about 4 years of running with a 150mm fork, On-One state a maximum of 120mm!! Overall I’m happy, I didn’t pay boutique prices, got years of riding out of a couple of different frames and wasn’t stuck with an outdated frame that had totally devalued.

There are some real bargain components on the web site. Stock levels are not always great.

New kit never arrives in stock when it is due, but that is international shipping, except I just checked before posting, the codeine which was due in mid-may is today on 15th May in stock. So what do I know!

Delivery is generally next day, and free!

Cheap, light and strong; pick any 2 you can’t have it all ways. Take the rough with the smooth.

Also you get to communicate with Brant, I was twittering him when he was on pain killers designing the Codeine, that was amusing.

I don’t believe Brant would intentionally delete negative reviews, more likely he’d slate the reviewer and then refund or exchange.

On-One occupy a special place in the market and are not for everyone.

leffeboy

I’ve left a couple of negative reviews in the past with a couple of companies and they tend to stay up for a few days and the mysteriously disappear 🙁 (not on-one I hasten to add). I questioned the first company and they said that they had a relationship with the supplier to maintain so they couldn’t use it unless I modified it.

I applaud the use of a third party review site by on-one, great move. You start to get an idea nowadays when you read reviews and there are too many bad ones missing or the ‘bad’ ones only mention bad things that you clearly wouldn’t care about.

robdob
    Free Member

I have now dropped my wheels off at the Barnsley store and they are going to be swapped with a new set.

Brant has offered me this which is very nice but the guy in customer service/returns (I have his name but won’t mention it) is, at best, very slow to answer emails.

Seemed to be a lot of people working in the store and while it looked very nice it must have cost a fortune to fit out – it’s the old One Day Sale cycle shop refitted so I saw it beforehand. Some very fancy furniture/display methods!

therevokid
    Free Member

ah … lots of people working in the store …. that explains it then.

Ordered a whippet on the 17th yodel 24 hour delivery.
    Monday 19th nothing
    Chased up on the 20th and was told – shipping today …
    Tuesday comes and goes.
    Wednesday comes and goes.
    chased up on the 22nd and was told – shipping today …

I’ll not hold my breath then !!!!

There can’t be anyone in the warehouse 🙁

Lantern-Rouge
    Free Member

There can’t be anyone in the warehouse

Or as in my case wait a week, chase, get told they can’t locate the item I have ordered, then told they never had the item in stock in the first place. Order is set to ‘awaiting stock’ and get an e-mail to say it will be despatched as soon as possible. Check when they will be getting stock in, wait 24 hours and told “We are not re stocking this”!

Go for a alternative replacement and told that will be shipped tomorrow (as in today). Check the order tonight and status is still “Your order is ready to be shipped”, which was what my last order sat at for the week before I chased it previously…

Not holding my breath either…

tron
    Free Member

Pretty much all retailers moderate reviews, because you’ll get one person who gets really narked off, and leaves a bad review for everything on the site.

Some will moderate more than others, but everyone does it.

deepreddave
    Free Member

I don’t have any planet x stuff but Brant’s work on here would persuade me rather than dissuade me. Delegation is about as hard as finding staff to match your personal aspirations.

iolo
    Free Member

Brant truly does an amazing job designing bikes. He is also amazing here as the only PX/One One guy who gives a shit about problems and resolves them. Surely this should not be allowed to happen as the business needs to shape up or people will go elsewhere. This is not a dig. This is stating a fact.

robdob
    Free Member

Update – picked new wheels up from Barnsley store today. Thanks very much to Brant and the PX head of customer service for sorting things out.

Viewing 36 posts - 41 through 76 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘On-one / Planet X deleting negative reviews?’ is closed to new replies.