Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • On-one / Planet X deleting negative reviews?
  • ransos
    Free Member

http://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/CLOOMTJ/on-one-merino-tech-jacket

I bought one of these a while back, and wasn’t impressed. Despite their claims, it’s not remotely water or wind resistant, and has started to bobble up after just a few washes. I posted a review accordingly, giving it 2/5, and the review appeared on their website at the time. So why has it now disappeared?

Trimix
    Free Member

Because its their website and they dont want bad reviews.

Marketing.

ransos
    Free Member

Because its their website and they dont want bad reviews.

Marketing.

Short-sighted if so…I get the impression that Wiggle use customer feedback as a guide to which products to discontinue – stuff with poor reviews seems to end up being sold off at discount.

paul4stones

So how do you know they’ve not discontinued it?

ransos
    Free Member

So how do you know they’ve not discontinued it?

Because of poor reviews? That would suggest they’re being systematically deleted, which I hope is not the case.

Trimix
    Free Member

Wiggle are big and probably command a better service from small suppliers. That unlikely with smaller sellers.

DT78
    Free Member

Superstarcomponents also do this.

I posted a less than glowing review and it was removed, reposted and removed a second time.

Basically so here is it is again – don’t buy their wheels unless you are handy with a spoke tool and can retrue when they loose tension on the first ride. Also I wouldn’t recommended the tesla hub, it seems fragile…..

mudshark
    Free Member

Evans moderated my review saying the pad in the shorts I’d bought was in the wrong place so useless.

wwaswas

Superstarcomponents also do this.

they’re better than that – they write their own under pseudonyms 🙂

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Nobody would be buying Inbreds if they were known to be a bit shit…

Except they are known to be a bit shit…

Same as the clothing.

That has little to do with the feedback section on their website.

CountZero

cfinnimore – Member
    Nobody would be buying Inbreds if they were known to be shit…

Except they are known to be a bit shit…
    In what way, exactly?

cfinnimore
    Free Member

Chippy paint, flexy, heavy.

But cheap.

I have three. Perfect and the best bike for me.

paul4stones

Sorry ransos I don’t follow your argument. You’re suggesting that Wiggle respond to negative reviews by discontinuing the stock. I’m saying PX might do the same for all you know. Whether or not they publish or censor that feedback is another matter.

jonk

Wiggle won’t even let you post a negative review

hora
    Free Member

Really? Then pop up the stars and lambast in the review?

footflaps

What they used paint on yours? You must be very special. Mine had been dipped in Tipex.

ransos
    Free Member

Sorry ransos I don’t follow your argument. You’re suggesting that Wiggle respond to negative reviews by discontinuing the stock. I’m saying PX might do the same for all you know. Whether or not they publish or censor that feedback is another matter.

If they are doing what you say, they must be systematically deleting negative reviews, given that they don’t seem to appear on the site.

ransos
    Free Member

Wiggle won’t even let you post a negative review

http://www.wiggle.co.uk/lifeline-high-pressure-floor-pump/?sku=5360337239

cfinnimore
    Free Member

I brushed the black one with a very soft brush.

Digging that scratched vinyl look, maaaan.

The white one looks like a losing scratchcard.

The other one will be shiny. No paint.

brant
    Free Member

I bought one of these a while back, and wasn’t impressed. Despite their claims, it’s not remotely water or wind resistant, and has started to bobble up after just a few washes. I posted a review accordingly, giving it 2/5, and the review appeared on their website at the time. So why has it now disappeared?

I don’t know why. I will look into this.

Would you like to send your jacket back for a full refund?

My email is in my profile.

cfinnimore
    Free Member

*whispers in the wind “brantbrantbrantbrant”…*

Brant arrives.

Never fails.

edlong
    Free Member

while you’re here brant, d’you know if there’s any stock of 26″ chunky monkey tyres coming in anytime soon?

brant
    Free Member

edlong – Member
    while you’re here brant, d’you know if there’s any stock of 26″ chunky monkey tyres coming in anytime soon?
    POSTED 6 MINUTES AGO # REPORT-POST

Sorry. I’m on holiday. Bit slow.

But yes. Coming. I have dates on my laptop. I’m watching #heston

View this post on Instagram

Skye TV #heston

A post shared by brant (@shedfire) on

Update :: Seems to be end of month.

hora
    Free Member

Ransos’s link proves otherwise.

tony07
    Free Member

A merino blend top was never going to be very water resistance. After you washed it did you reproof it with nikwax softshell proof or something similar?

curiousyellow
    Free Member

The white one looks like a losing scratchcard.

Ahahahaha!

It hurts when your scratchcard is made of carbon 🙁

Ah well, they turn up cheap 2nd hand anyway.

edlong
    Free Member

thanks

mitsumonkey
    Free Member

That’s funny I was looking at buying one of those jackets from planet x and I remember your review totally put me off. (Thanks ;)) Deleting it was a bit naughty in my opinion. But I know times are tough in retail so I can see their motivation too.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

It’s not a big surprise. It’s not an independent website hosting the reviews it’s the shop window of a retail business.

If you call STW on here they will pull your thread. It’s their party so they have the last say.

Cougar

If you call STW on here they will pull your thread.

Excuse me?

DezB
    Free Member

Was £120! Now £40… blimey you’d be gutted if you bought one at rrp.

If you call STW on here they will pull your thread

He means… er, I have no idea.

gonzy
    Free Member

I get the impression that Wiggle use customer feedback as a guide to which products to discontinue – stuff with poor reviews seems to end up being sold off at discount.

if that’s true then, we should start slating the new Pikes as being utterly rubbish so wiggle drop the price and we can get them cheaper!! 😆

brant
    Free Member

I have investigated.

We now use Feefo for reviews. A totally independent company.
    All previous reviews were deleted. And Feefo ones now used instead which are totally uneditable by us.

Our Sue says…

Yes we have removed all reviews previously on the web site.
    We have now joined Feefo which is an independent company which emails all customers that have made a purchase with Planet/On- one.

This is totally independent and we cannot remove or amend this feedback for any reason.

Since starting with feefo the reviews on the website is purely reviews collected by them.

I have checked feefo and we have had no feedback from him through feefo which is why it has been removed.

mattsccm
    Free Member

Balls. I moaned in error and earlier asked Brant if he could edit it.
    sorr :oops:y

CountZero

footflaps – Member
    What they used paint on yours? You must be very special. Mine had been dipped in Tipex.

One of mine didn’t even have paint on. Well, a thin coat of clear matt lacquer. It’s going rusty now.
    My 853 SS on the other hand, had a pretty good coat of paint on, it’s only chipped around the rear drop-outs, from other bike pedals hitting it.

ransos
    Free Member

I have investigated.

We now use Feefo for reviews. A totally independent company.
    All previous reviews were deleted. And Feefo ones now used instead which are totally uneditable by us.

Ok, thanks for the update. Is that why you didn’t respond to my email last Friday, asking for the refund you offered?

edlong
    Free Member

I have some hope for the future that Brant might not be the one-man customer services function in the future, seeing as how they have brought in some proper experienced business types with retail experience…

Sorry, you might have to register to read this, but I think it’s free

jimbothejetset
    Free Member

Could be that it was the weekend and he decided to spend time with his family rather than sorting out a refund during out of hours.

ransos
    Free Member

Could be that it was the weekend and he decided to spend time with his family rather than sorting out a refund during out of hours.

Email sent 9.11 last Friday morning.

Matt24k
    Free Member

I think Brant said he was on holiday in one of his earlier posts.
    Why do people assume that they should receive an instant response to every email they send?
    If you sent the mail at 9:11 on Friday then, so far, Brant has had 8 working hours to deal with it, assuming he is not on holiday. I’m fairly sure it won’t be his number 1 business priority so sit back, relax and good things will happen in the near future.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 76 total)

The topic ‘On-one / Planet X deleting negative reviews?’ is closed to new replies.