Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • On One- Planet-X. At it again !!
  • plus-one

1. Ordered space chicken- got confirmation

2. Was emailed build day shortly thereafter

3. Couple of days after order I realised I’d forgot to up-spec tyres to something lighter and tubeless. I sent request to ask to upgrade tyres and said I’ll pay difference. They got back to me saying no problem and no extra charge.

4. Got email towards end of build day saying bike was built and despatched.

5. Bike arrived without issue and after few minutes attaching bars I was off 🙂

Superb service and after 2 weeks ragging the bike it’s the bollox !!

angeldust
    Free Member

I’d be demanding £250 to compensate for that level of incompetence.

cooie

😀

plus-one

Bloody forum calling me a div 😉

brant
    Free Member

>after few minutes attaching bars I was off 🙂

Quotes like that scare me, just like when people say their new frame is cracking.

Cheers

plus-one

I’m handy with torque key all good 😉

irc

My tyres arrived from Planet X this morning. Fast delivery and cheaper than anywhere else.  The bastards.

hypnonewt
    Free Member

It’s all because Brant is back, he is turning the company around don’t you know!

Rubber_Buccaneer

It’s all because Brant is back

I have a suspicion we will be seeing a rise in on-one/planet-x mentions on the forum for that reason

PrinceJohn

My tyres took over a week to turn up & were only dispatched because I kept hassling for them.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>PrinceJohn
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

My tyres took over a week to turn up & were only dispatched because I kept hassling for them.

</div>

funkmasterp

Just be careful if you push yourself OP. We all know what sweat can do to On One products 😱

brant
    Free Member

>My tyres took over a week to turn up & were only
    >dispatched because I kept hassling for them.

Mystical Steve* in marketing did a 13 for 13 on the 13th promotion which blew the doors off. It was crackers.

We are now largely** through the backlog and shipping same in day many cases (and all cases where premium rate shipping is used).

Mystical Steve

*Not related to Magical Trevor.

** Clearly someone will have an order that is still delayed, please email me if there’s an issue I can help with.

DezB
    Free Member

Didn’t brant used to get involved in threads not about himself?

timbog160

Magical Trevor!  Now that takes me back!

scu98rkr
    Free Member

I’ve ordered quite a few bikes from planetX and have never had a problem but I am quite surprised by this ->

“I sent request to ask to upgrade tyres and said I’ll pay difference. They got back to me saying no problem and no extra charge”

In fact when ever I’ve tried to change spec its been massively expensive. Last time it was cheaper to buy the bike with one set of tyres and separately buy the other tyres from planet X. Than try and “upgrade” them

milfordvet
    Free Member

I like On One, I have bought several of their bikes and alot of parts. Happy customer.

I’m pleased your enjoying your Space Chicken. I’m sincerely asking, as I ride alot on road and gravel…

1. Why would 650B be better than 29 when in this situation of ‘all day ride’, speed, and flat straight road/ gravel trails, a 29er would be to advantage?

2. Why design it restricted to 650b tyres less than 2 inches? XC riders stopped riding sub 2 inch tyres a decade or two ago. Mostly now 2.1 Thunder Burts and 2.2 Race kings etc. Its possible to get a 2.4 tyre a mid 30’s chainring and a normal chainstay and have the same 25-100 inch gearing. Probably slightly longer chainstays, but that’s fine when you want a fast stable bike. Bigger tyres weigh more but offset by lower rolling resistance and a more comfortable ride. More standard tyre choice.

3. Why has it got a 72 degree head angle? Wouldn’t it be better for long gravel drags with a slacker 68ish head tube angle to make it less nervous downhill on the drops and generally run straight?

Basically why this over a drop bar 29er unless it’s a height/ size issue? I’m all for a carbon rigid drop bar bikes but in this era of 1X, Sram 10 spd cogs, XC rims that will take road tubeless at high pressure or an XC 2.1 tyre equally, is it not a cut price Cutthroat?

plus-one

^ Not a clue mate ^ I have 700c on mine I’m predominantly more roadie and the road-esque head angle makes sense to me. I’ve rattled it quick(too quickly being honest) and it was the rocks and ruts that slowed me down nothing to do with head angle.

Its just a fun bike I’ve done a century of mainly gravel/fire road and road and it’s ideal. I’m planning some light touring next year so I bought with this in mind.

simono5

When I got a DeeDar for my son and wasn’t sure about size, they built me the large and said they’d happily build another in a medium if it wasn’t right.  Can’t say fairer than that.

hardtailonly

I bought a whole Titanium bike with wheels and gears and brakes and a seat and a handlebar and everything for less than the price of a Ti frameset from most other places.

And. It rides bloody brilliantly.

Can I have £250 compensation from Brant personally for exceeding expectations?

paladin

what happened to sq6787654 ?

was he not the new on-one man?

funkmasterp

Was he the grumpy one who got really defensive if you asked a simple question?

scu98rkr
    Free Member

” Why would 650B be better than 29 when in this situation of ‘all day ride’, speed, and flat straight road/ gravel trails, a 29er would be to advantage?”

Totally agree, this runs completely against the grain of recent bike development / findings.

Its a bit like when they started producing 24″ wheels with massive tyres for Downhill.

If 650b was a good solution for Gravel bikes , then most XC racer would use 27.5″ hardtails, instead if they use a hardtail its always 29er.

If another wheel size is needed for Gravel it would be bigger not smaller ie 33″ or sommit.

This would reduce rolling resistance offroad while still allowing narrowish tyres on road.

daern
    Free Member

Magical Trevor!  Now that takes me back!

Everyone loves Magical Trevor.

boxelder

650b x 2″, because that’s what would fit early days. The bikes aren’t aimed at ‘mountain bike’ stuff, so why have mountain bike tyres? We have MTBs for that. Likewise the head angle – they’ll spend most of there time on tarmac/smoother trails – if you want capability when descending…. MTB.

Like B+ on MTBs it’s more about cushioning/comfort and a bit more traction. Just my thoughts.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘On One- Planet-X. At it again !!’ is closed to new replies.