Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • On-One / Palnet-X playing Specilaized trademark bingo?
  • thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

New winter jersey description:

Roubaix fabric, for optimum insulation. This is a no holds barred, high performance, specialized jersey, for epic winter conditions.

Roubaix and epic OK, a fabric and a word straight out of the dictionary but specialized with a ‘z’? Someone’s feeling brave.

oxym0r0n

😆

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Or ripping the piss out of the recent case. Worst will be a nice letter which they could probably hang on the office wall.

scotroutes

Of course specialized is spelt with a “z” 🙄

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Given recent threads here, they may have been better served by getting their own house in order rather than trying to be funny.

highlandman
    Free Member

It’s amusing and it gets a few more folk talking about their new kit. Top marks for effort.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Didn’t seem to bother them with Mary, Mungo and Midge characters which I presume are owned by a publishing company/author.

JoeG
    Free Member

Realistically, On-One would have had to order their products months ago, long before the Cafe Roubaix story broke. So probably not a response to that situation.

Anyhow, once the trademark attorneys can’t get through on the phone, don’t have their emails returned, and get told that their trademark is out of stock in the warehouse even though is shows in stock online, they’ll give up and move on! 😉 😆

ampthill

Presumably they are waiting for massive free world wide pucblicity

paul4stones
    thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Of course specialized is spelt with a “z”

Only if you like bad filter coffee and buy petrol by the gallon.

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

No comment on spelling of Spesh!!!!

Expect that this is unintentional for reasons given above. Ditto, Spesh would be mad to react IMO

atlaz
    Free Member

Only if you like bad filter coffee and buy gas by the gallon.

FIFY

Anyway, as was pointed out recently, Roubaix seems to be a generic term in cycling clothing I guess to evoke that it’s a choice for tough cold wet days on the bike.

D0NK

Anyway, as was pointed out recently, Roubaix seems to be a generic term in cycling clothing

yeah but as tinas pointed out specialiZed and epic in the same sentence does seem a bit too much of a coincidence.

scotroutes

And as pointed out before, using a z is the correct spelling of the word meaning “specific to / non-generic”

grum
    Free Member

‘ize’ is the original English form and still preferred by Oxford Dictionary and The Times as well as most academic publications.

antigee

‘ize’ is the original English form and still preferred by Oxford Dictionary and The Times as well as most academic publications

which all good Rotherham bikemongers will have diligently checked before updating their web thingy

grum
    Free Member

‘eeh lad is tha using t’ reet dictionary spelling, like?’

mrblobby
    Free Member

Some of the styling is a bit reminiscent of recent Spesh stuff too. Looks pretty good.

dragon
    Free Member

Jesus I can’t believe they are selling Rock Racing gear, may as well put a banner at the top of their website saying, “We proudly support drugs in sport”.
    FFS this company is scraping the barrel.

p8ddy
    Free Member

Dragon…

Jesus I can’t believe they are selling Rock Racing gear, may as well put a banner at the top of their website saying, “We proudly support drugs in sport”.
    FFS this company is scraping the barrel.

What’s the background to the Rock Racing/Drugs reference? No reason for asking other than curiosity. 🙂

Edit: It’s cool – I’ve just googled it. Wouldn’t stop me buying their stuff if it was nice, but then I don’t care about drugs in sport. I’d allow them! 🙂 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rock_Racing-Murcia

Someone had the bright idea that if drugs made rock stars cool, then the same would work in cycling. It didn’t and they weren’t granted a licence byt the UCI.

dragon
    Free Member

A bit old now, but here is some background:

Rock Racing Is Better Off Dead

Northwind

That’s quite good work On One

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘On-One / Palnet-X playing Specilaized trademark bingo?’ is closed to new replies.