Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • On One Monocoque Carbon Fork
  • northernmatt

Specifically this one. Has anyone got one or ridden one? I know the older straight tube style OnOne carbon forks were meant to be quite harsh.

Asking for friend as he has seen the Niner carbon forks but doesn’t want to pay Niner money and he’s looking at these as an alternative.

wwaswas

I got a Hylix Carbon 29er fork with tapered steerer and 15mm axle direct from Hylix (was just under £100 by the time I paid RM and duty). It’s not got that odd crown like the P-X/On-one ones. I’ve not died yet.

letmetalktomark

I had a pair briefly for a weight weenie experiment:

The seemed nicely made (mine were raw so no hiding nasties under the paint, they tracked well considering their weight. I didn’t find them hugely comfortable but then the bike was an experiment more than anything.

I found I needed a 1” carbon plug “thingy” as the steerer wall was so thick but OO sent me one FOC after I had bought a KCNC one and found it didn’t fit.

Seem a bargain at £125.

wwaswas
    rosscopeco
    Free Member

Yes, I’ve got one of these and it’s fine (for me) after almost 6 months of riding. As for harshness, I did the Great Glen Way in late summer on a 2.1 Rocket Ron @ 30psi+ and lived to tell the tale. What bike is it being used on…if your weight is very front biased then that’ll have an impact on how it feels. My Solaris is a little front end heavy but the 29×3 tyre is perfect for removing most of the trail buzz.

29×2.1
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/pqU3Lq]Great Glen Way Sep14[/url] by Rosscopeco, on Flickr

29×3
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/pNXaTY]29+ Solaris[/url] by Rosscopeco, on Flickr

daveh
    Free Member

Yes they’re very good, not as noodely (braking) or uncomfortable (buzz) as the carbon tube type.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘On One Monocoque Carbon Fork’ is closed to new replies.