Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • On-one lurcher
  • kendo954
    Free Member

Anyone built one up?

Like it? And problems etc?

With the frame reduced at the minute I’m thinking of building one up to replace my c456, mostly using it to pedal the coast path and roads to trail centres etc so thinking of going 29er as I’ve the alpine for the proper fun stuff 🙂

Any pics/info would be good

Cheers

MrSparkle

Mate’s got one. Looks lovely. BB creaks like ****.

jonxmack
    Free Member

Pretty much finished building mine last night after receiving it on Wednesday, just having an issue with the front wheel (valve leaking) and need to cut the steerer tube, apart from that it’s all done.

Haven’t ridden it yet, my one gripe is that there are no rear derailleur guides on the seat stay, meaning I’ve had to tape it in place for now, and have bought some self adhesive cable guides to stick on. Apart from that it went together easily, BB tapped in easily with a rubber mallet, headset was fine, everything was golden to be honest.

EDIT: Will get some pics later, and if you wanna chat any more then my email is in my profile, just drop me a line.

composite
    Free Member

Assume you mean cable guides for the rear derailer? I would contact on-one as I have my recently purchase Lurcher frame right next to me and it has cable guides on the drive side seat stay.

Won’t be built for months yet though. Did you just drift the BB in?

allthepies
    Free Member

Memememe

Built one up a few weeks back, love it 🙂

Mine was a paint sample with no cable guides (it was sold as a singlespeed model so no guides were expected), got some m-part stick on cable guides and off you go. Running it 1×10 and it’s great.

jonxmack
    Free Member

Pic of mine in it’s nearly finished state. (Hmm pic isn’t showing for me, I’ll try upload again)

@composite/allthepies it was bought from the usual page, not sold as SS specific plus it has guides everywhere else but on the seat stay, guess it must have been a screw up in the factory, oh well!

allthepies
    Free Member
    andyl46
    Free Member

Kendo, a carbon 29er? With your reputation?!

Reckon you’d like it a lot!

instanthit
    Free Member

I am building mine up as a singlespeed, but can’t get hold of any horizontal drop outs as on one are out of stock. Anyone know other drop outs that might fit?

kendo954
    Free Member

Cheers for the info guys,

Andy – don’t tell anyone, I’m still slagging 29er to anyone who owns one lol

jonxmack
    Free Member

There we go. Rough spec is

Lurcher frame
    Niner forks
    Hope Pro 2 EVO on Stans Crest, Rocket Ron 2.1 front/rear (may change for 2.25 on the front)
    Hope Stealth Race X2 EVO brakes
    XX shifter, XX1 cranks, X0 short cage mech
    Thomson post, Thomson stem, Answer bars, ESI chunky grips

@instant hit I wanted to build mine up SS, when I emailed on-one asking about the dropout availability they told me the frame demand was higher than they expected and that they were getting more made up ASAP but had no ETA. Might be worth giving them a ring and hassling them.

kendo954
    Free Member

Jon – what size is the frame? Looks well

jonxmack
    Free Member

It’s a Large (19.5″)

kendo954
    Free Member

I’m 6’2 34″ leg – bout right for a large?

Don’t want to be too arse up head down 😉

carbonfiend
    Free Member

Hi gonna be doing a very similar build myself wondering what gear ratio u running with that xx1 crank?

letmetalktomark

@kendo ….. I’m roughly the same height and leg length and currently run a 21″ Scandal if that helps?

jonxmack
    Free Member

@kendo i’m 6ft dead, not sure on my inside leg but it is built as a racey machine so a stretched out position was what I was after, has a 100mm stem on at the moment too.

@carbon it’s a 32 front, 11-36 on the back. I was gonna go with X0 cranks and an absoluteblack 28t front ring but getting a chain device to fit as a just in case measure was impossible to find for a 28 ring, and these cranks were BNIB on ebay for £150 + shipping so figured i’d just bite the bullet, plus I can always get a 28 in the future, just sucks they’re £50 and hard to find at the moment.

kendo954
    Free Member

well, going to be ordering very soon, I think im going to have to go to the 21″ @6’2 going by what iv read.

one more question (for now) …..

On-One say direct mount high for the front mech? is there a high and a low mech available?

could someone link me to a mech that your using or know it will deffo work on the lurcher?

cheers

allthepies
    Free Member

It’s a high direct mount.

kendo954
    Free Member

thanks, just headset to sort now…

hope pick’n’mix

top = 2
    bottom = D

is that right?

thanks (again)

kendo954
    Free Member

what bb are you guys running?

i put the token one one, it creaks like ****…. whats better?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘On-one lurcher’ is closed to new replies.