Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • on-one fatty frame sizing
  • itstig

I’ve been studying the frame geometry of a fatty on the o-o page and can’t get my head around the stand over height being the same for all three frame sizes. Any one care (to) or able or bothered to explain it to me. Thanks

ska-49
    Free Member

I found that! Bought a 18” recently and noticed that the stand over is lower than on my 17”Kona. Really odd but it feels great and looks lovely.

itstig

Bump for the evening fatty riders

brant
    Free Member

The diagonals run from the headtube to the rear axle. The seat tube is supported off it. Standover doesn’t change.
    Let me help – how tall are you and I’ll tell you what size you should be on.

Mal-ec
    Free Member

18″ feels bob on for us just shy of 6’ers.

stuey
    Free Member

Brant – will we see a ‘carbon fatty fork’ any time soon /next shipment 8/8 ?

brant
    Free Member

It’s being made. Not that soon though.

stuey
    Free Member

Thanks – I’ll wait it out – don’t want to risk shorter rake carbon fork.

itstig

brant, sorry for the delay I’m about 5’9.5″, 30″ inside leg (suit you sir!) ,would that be a 16″ frame?

brant
    Free Member

16in frame

iforwilliams
    Free Member

Slightly OT, but Brant can you advise whether/ when you anticipate more stock of Scandal 29’ers in 19.5 RAW?

(or 18″ for that matter- Im 6ft with 34″ inside leggie)

julioflo
    Free Member

ifor – I’m 5’11 and 19/20ths of an ich, basically a gnats whisker under 6′, with 34″ inside leg and I have an 18″ Scandal. It’s spot on i’d say. wouldn’t want to go any bigger.

iforwilliams
    Free Member

Cheers for that- still trying to find out if there’ll be any more Raw models coming in anytime soon :o(

singlecrack
    Free Member

Itstig ……I’m pretty much the same size as you and ride the 18″. So try a test ride if you can ….I’m in Somerset if you fancy riding mine

itstig

Thanks singlecrack but i’m up in north Yorks, a bit far!

ska-49
    Free Member

I chose 18” and am the same height as well.
    With the standover so low you get the added benefit of a longer TT on the 18” size so you can run a shorter stem.

It actually comes up smaller in all aspects apart from the seat tube size in comparison to my 17” Kona.

trout
    Free Member

Itstig
    Where abouts in North yorks You are very similar in measurements to me and mines an 18 inch Fatty
    and is spot on for me .
    Skipton ish and you can give mine a try

itstig

Over near Thirsk trout

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘on-one fatty frame sizing’ is closed to new replies.