Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • On one don't take Halfords bike to work vouchers damn them!!
  • smurfly13
    Free Member

Looked last night, decided the Parkwood would be ideal for my next bike on the bike to work scheme, Google looked positive but then….

On one small print, they don’t accept halfords scheme vouchers, grrrrr!

Moan over!

iolo
    Free Member

I wanted to buy an imac in the us. They don’t accept Euros. Grrrrr

bencooper
    Free Member

That’s probably because they don’t want to give away a 20% commission. They’re not daft.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    aP
    Free Member

It doesn’t seem much like the kind of bike that would be very good for riding to work with mudguards and panniers, maybe you should look at buying something more appropriate?

D0NK

my c2w bike didn’t have mudguards or panniers either, what has that got to do with it?

OP is the clue not in the name of the vouchers?
    We were locked into halfords too, unimpressed 🙁

MoreCashThanDash

There was a rather tasty looking Carrera Kraken appeared in the bike rack at work this morning. Not sure if it had been upgraded by the owner but looked both new and well specced.

tthew

We were locked into halfords too, unimpressed

If you ring the helpline, they can source loads more bikes than the usual stock, (or at least could a few years ago) and many shops take the vouchers too, though any discount you may get is passed onto Halfords as their profit part of the deal.

grim168
    Free Member

Ring halfords bike to work people up. They will email you a list of shops in your area that accept their vouchers.

D0NK

If you ring the helpline, they can source loads more bikes than the usual stock,

was a few years ago but yeah I could get other bikes. An LBS was in the scheme, I went there got demo/fitted then halfords bought off them and did the setup (or rather they didn’t, they were taking fricking ages so I got it off them and built it myself)

Would have preferred universal vouchers, greater choice of shops, maybe have got a discount or last years model from LBS*, halfords don’t cream their slice off the LBS. Win win.

*who pays RRP?

Northwind

MoreCashThanDash – Member

There was a rather tasty looking Carrera Kraken appeared in the bike rack at work this morning. Not sure if it had been upgraded by the owner but looked both new and well specced.

About once a year I rebuild my old Kraken with whatever’s lying around the garage, ridiculously good frame considering the entire bike was £300… Older model mind.

OP, worth checking out the Bizango maybe, it’s very good. Assuming that like everyone else you’re not going to cycle to work on your cycle to work bike 😉

ampthill

I think a Halford voucher will buy you any retail bike excluding shops own brands

njee20
    Free Member

I think a Halford voucher will buy you any retail bike excluding shops own brands

Well there are a finite number of shops which take them, but it won’t buy you anything. Those shops (IIRC Leisure Lakes are one) stock a decent range of bikes, so most major brands are probably accessible if you jump through the relevant hoops, but that’s quite different.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘On one don't take Halfords bike to work vouchers damn them!!’ is closed to new replies.