Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 286 total)
  • On-One: Does anybody know whats going on yet?
  • rs
    Free Member

201!! Do I win?

jonb
    Free Member

I heard they’d been bought by superstarcomponents!

ooOOoo
    Free Member

I was gonna buy one once, but realised it was cheaper to rebuild my old raleigh lizard

bigsi
    Free Member

Right what did i miss ?

Nothing, great 🙄

Brant – Can i please ask that you get the announcement out of the way early in the morning so i can at least get on with some work tomorrow and hopefully earn enough to buy this new 29er frame which until 24 hours was something that i wanted but has now become something that i need 😕

ton

si, do not jump in.
    wait a while…

Clink

si, do not jump in.
    wait a while…

which means…?

ton

move along sir, nothing for little blokes here….

mamadirt
    Free Member

move along sir, nothing for little blokes here….

There never is – 14″ers seem to be permanently out of stock (at least around the 27th of the month anyway – my visa cut off point 😉 ). Probably just as well, eh.

bigsi
    Free Member

Cheers Ton 😉

*sits back and relaxes* 😛

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I said heyyyyyyyyyy yeaaaaa yeaaaaaaa
    I said heyyyyyyyyyyyyy yeaaaaaa yeaaaaa
    I said hay?

whas going on?

“on-one has been bought out by suspension giant Marzocchi”

“This press release brings to an end one of the longest running viral markting campaings ever run by the small northern company. The campaign began over a year ago with a story about a break in, in which the house oner aprehended the thief with a pair of the italian brands retro finest, some orange Z1’s”

“So there you have it, on-one, owned with bombers sice January 2009”

snowslave

Oh you big fibber!

catfood
    Free Member

The suspension is killing me.

wors

The suspension is killing me.

stay rigid!

taxi ordered

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

your mum/sister never had to say that

:p

the blue one on the left, can we share the cab?

druidh
    Free Member

British bicycle company Planet X has announced today that the search is on for a bike designer for its On-One brand, a company affectionately known as Europe’s original singlespeed anti-brand. Former journalist Brant Richards, On-One’s designer and mouthpiece, has been plucked away by mail order company Chain Reaction.

Part of the Planet X stable, On-One was created over nine years ago by Dave Loughran and Richards and has seen significant growth during their time working together, according to Loughran. On-One’s iconic bikes include the Inbred, Scandal, and 456.

“This is an exciting time for On-One,” he added. “We are looking for a new designer and the opportunities are out there to continue to fill a niche that big manufactures can’t see. We always said that our most successful projects were finding the “niche of a niche” and that’s a tradition were going to continue.

“I believe a new designer, with different ideas and a fresh look will help take On-One further along its unusual path,” Loughran added. “I am sorry that Brant is leaving and wish him every success. He has been an influential part of the team that has built a brand with strong foundations and a cult following.”

vinnyeh

Former journalist Brant Richards, On-One’s designer and mouthpiece, has been plucked away by mail order company Chain Reaction.

To do what, I wonder. Design stuff, I hope, rather than sort out stock control and delivery…

druidh
    Free Member

Customer Service Manager?

vinnyeh

Can’t decide whether an email from Brant would be a step up or down form crc’s usual policy of not replying.

charliedontsurf

at last….

so chainreaction will get some attitude and balls. And on-one will be on-one and brantless.

rs
    Free Member

You’ve messed with that druidh! This is the real version.

British bicycle company Planet X has announced today that the search is on for a bike designer for its On-One brand, a company affectionately known as Europe’s original singlespeed anti-brand. Former journalist Brant Richards, On-One’s designer and mouthpiece, has been plucked away by Trek Bicycles as they plan on entering the steel hardtail market.

Part of the Planet X stable, On-One was created over nine years ago by Dave Loughran and Richards and has seen significant growth during their time working together, according to Loughran. On-One’s iconic bikes include the Inbred, Scandal, and 456.

“This is an exciting time for On-One,” he added. “We are looking for a new designer and the opportunities are out there to continue to fill a niche that big manufactures can’t see. We always said that our most successful projects were finding the “niche of a niche” and that’s a tradition were going to continue.

“I believe a new designer, with different ideas and a fresh look will help take On-One further along its unusual path,” Loughran added. “I am sorry that Brant is leaving and wish him every success. He has been an influential part of the team that has built a brand with strong foundations and a cult following.”

rs
    Free Member

wonder how many on-one geeks went to bed early and struggled getting to sleep thinking what might become of brant the messiah.

What will be first then, a chain reaction steel hardtail for 50p.

walleater

Brant’s first design for CRC:

Clink

that’s it ?!

the_lecht_rocks

eh ? CRC ? i don’t get it ???

I_Ache
    Free Member

That really was an anti climax.

I_Ache
    Free Member

But Brant was saying just the other day what plans he had for the next 456.

stufield
    Free Member

suppose that’s how Lynskey bikes appeared on CRC

Biffer
    Free Member

Surely On-one will now be No-one ???

wwaswas

“Brant was saying just the other day what plans he had for the next 456”

so it’ll be crc branded, now 😉

be interesting if he’s going to be designing frames for CRC or he’s moving on to a different role. Would be a shame if it’s the latter – brant’s always done a nice frame.

I wish I could design bikes – I’d be phoning Planet-X…

nukeproof
    Free Member

On-One’s designer and mouthpiece, has been plucked away by mail order company Chain Reaction.

Eh? WTF? Nope, didn’t expect that. So whats he going to be doing at CRC?

Would be a shame if it’s the latter – brant’s always done a nice frame.

Yep, big shame

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

So whats he going to be doing at CRC?

Publicly ridiculing his customers like he did recently at O-O I guess. That CRC **** then…..

nukeproof
    Free Member

Publicly ridiculing his customers like he did recently at O-O I guess. That CRC **** then…..

Bit harsh….are you grieving? 😉

clubber
    Free Member

Publicly ridiculing his customers like he did recently at O-O

Link please 😉

hora
    Free Member

I think he’ll be creating a new brand with CRC funding/backing and utilising their storage and delivery capabilities to deliver. As good as CRC are (I’ve shop with them for years) I dont think a ‘chain reaction cycle’ sticker on the downtube would sell anything.

Jamie
    Free Member

I hope this was worth it for those fanboys hanging onto every word 😐

MrNutt
    Free Member

can he swim?

toons
    Free Member

Brant did you get sacked for spending too much time on the internet?

hilldodger
    Free Member

So is that the end of the sycophantic forum fawning over the bearded slaphead then, or does it just herald the dawn of the ‘Vintage Brant-era On One’ nichista………..

RudeBoy
    Free Member

I wish I could design bikes – I’d be phoning Planet-X.

It’s not that difficult, really. You might need some experience in using materials, but the most important thing is to find a Taiwanese factory who make tons of stuff for other people, who will do the hard work for you. Maybe get a British frame builder to knock up some prototypes first, give them to a couple of your mates who work for mountain bike magazines, get loads of free publicity, and- bingo!

Got to applaud the On-One business model, tough. That’s where the real skill lies; market a product that people want, hype it up to the max, and sell it a lot cheaper than people might expect.

For a little company to have gained such iconic status in British mountain biking, is fantastic, though, so hats off to Brant and Dave.

Will CRC be producing their own branded bikes, now, then?

Viewing 40 posts - 201 through 240 (of 286 total)

The topic ‘On-One: Does anybody know whats going on yet?’ is closed to new replies.