On-One dirty disco frame breakage – what are On One like for warrantys?

Home Forum Bike Forum On-One dirty disco frame breakage – what are On One like for warrantys?

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • On-One dirty disco frame breakage – what are On One like for warrantys?
  • shermer75

Trading standards?

I’d say poor

Premier Icon tomaso
    Subscriber

Was the seat post fitted the one it came with?

b_man

Yep, OEM seatpost… I sent that to them too for them to check the tolerance.

Tried trading standards today and they have suggested I formally write to Planet X and following a 7 day period after that letter, they can get involved.

dumbbot

I hope you follow this up, they shouldn’t be allowed to get away with treating you like a prick.

I was seriously considering the codeine 29 as my next bike, i’ll be looking elsewhere after reading their roulette style approach to customer service.

Surely business 101 is “a good reputation is hard to achieve, easily tarnished” . Word of mouth from peers is priceless. I don’t understand a company that would take such a flippant stance.

Premier Icon Bregante
    Subscriber

i’ll be looking elsewhere after reading their roulette style approach to customer service.

Me too. I was looking at a Planet X XLS on cycle to work but there have been too many of these threads now.

Hope you get it sorted o.p

petec

Have to confess I agree with dumbbot and bregante; after my own experience I would think twice about buying PX.

Only if you assume you’ll get nothing back, and I wouldn’t touch one of their carbon bikes with a bargepole. Just not worth it.

Steel/Alu/Ti – possibly. Especially if they were made by a reputable
    supplier.

Edited to add – yeah, hope you get it sorted. Never a nice situation when people don’t honour their side of the deal.

Mary Hinge

I can only echo that they won’t be seeing any of my money again.

I have some 150 mile old carbon wheels that are scrap and they didn’t want to know.

NB I have some 4+ year old PX alloy wheels which have been faultless so I’m not hard on kit.

In years gone by they were fine, even surprisingly good value for money, but I think since they had a new CEO or whatever they are turnover/profit focussed and nothing else.

b_man

Well I’m very glad to say that I have a good news story and I’m now the proud owner of an On-One Bish Bash Bosh. In the end they came up with the goods and actually exceeded my expectations. I’m very happy with the end result and through their work over the last week they have retained a loyal customer…

Premier Icon rOcKeTdOg
    Subscriber

Was this after the trading standards letter?

Premier Icon Bregante
    Subscriber

Good outcome for you o.p. I still wouldn’t touch them with a bargepole any more.

Premier Icon scotroutes
    Subscriber

They say there’s one born every minute.

Rustychain

Friend had an On-One frame that cracked. Ending up having to take them to the small claims court. He won of course. But you shouldn’t have to go that far…

I bought one of the early Pompinos several years ago. Various things went wrong with it. Customer service was diabolical. NEVER again.

Premier Icon konanige
    Subscriber

I just had an issue with my Codeine frame, they replaced the offending part under warranty and turned it round in a fortnight.

Premier Icon Rusty Spanner
    Subscriber

Daughter has two bikes from them.

First, bought a few years ago, is a lovely bike and the service was excellent.
    Second, more recent purchase was a nightmare – frame damaged in transit, ended up a bit heated, not answering emails or returning calls etc.
    Real air of not being at all fussed.

I’d not buy anything apart from bits and bobs from them now, it’s just not worth the risk.

Bit more detail from OP as to what they’ve done and when, given we’ve gone from “jog on mate” to trading standards letter to new bike. I wouldn’t call caving in to letter threatening TS after messing you around for a month as going above and beyond so keen to hear the story.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘On-One dirty disco frame breakage – what are On One like for warrantys?’ is closed to new replies.