Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • On-One customer service any good?
  • rainbow
    Free Member

Does anyone have any problems with On-One customer service, I ordered a pair of MTB tyres via emails and they were very good to that point, once paid by Paypal and after 10 days, no tyres and two emails to them, still no reply from them, I am getting worried about not getting the tyres after paying them….

wwaswas

phone them.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

Yep. They simply ignore me.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    MulletusMaximus
    Free Member

My experience with them is that they’re useless with email relpies. Not had one answered yet.

As said, phone them.

andybanks
    Free Member

I’ve honestly found their customer service – via email, phone or in store to be second to none.

Give them a call – I’m sure it’ll all be fine.

cp

They’ve been excellent with numerous emails queries for me

crispedwheel
    Free Member

Yes, phone them.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Buy stuff somewhere else now after the last senario…………

rob1984p
    Free Member

When we visited they had no idea what bearings were in their own wheels in spite of it been a common problem according to some googling and suggested we took them apart to find the numbers then went to city bearings for replacements. The wheels are not that old.

Nice showroom but I really left thinking you get what you pay for and a lot of the service has gone by the wayside. They had plenty of staff around to of dealt with the problem better.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

One occasion I had an issue with a new frame, they picked it up and replaced it in a few days, so no complaints from me.

AlasdairMc

Conversely to the OP, I ordered a pair of tyres one Friday lunchtime, and I had them in my possession on the Saturday morning.

IA

I’ve found it patchy – though better of late.

A problem with some wheels a couple years ago – took forever to sort, and I ended up out of pocket as their website description was wrong.

More recently problem with a shock on a frame – sorted efficiently.

br
    Free Member

Nah, I reckon they’ve taken your money and fled the country. £50 is a lotta dough in South Yorkshire 🙂

matther01
    Free Member

No complaints from me.

Ordered a tyre this Monday, advised dispatch via email and txt same day… then emailed and txted today to advise delivery between 11-12 today…and according to my wife was delivered as stated.

That’s pretty bloody good IMO!

Toasty

Just seems to be a bit of a breakdown of communication there sometimes, had a few gripes.

Last one, ordered a V1 Scandal frame a couple of weeks back, the last raw one in stock. I needed V1 as I was after rack mounts for commuting with it. A V2 arrived, by this point V1s were completely out of stock and not being made anymore so I kept hold of it and had a moan.

Very quickly they offered to send me some bits for free! I asked for some Racing Ralph 29er tyres and they were fine with this. A couple of days later a package arrived with another wrong item, this time some random tubular tyres.

I’ve sent these back now. Getting silly. Quite exciting seeing what will come next though.

euanc
    Free Member

I have had a mixed experience with them, bought a C456 frame off them, shipping was very quick but there was an issue with the BB threads, emailed their warranty and was treated like a child, told I had cross threaded it and they were not going to do anything for me.

Gave up, took it to my LBS who chased the threads (for free I should add) and it has been fine ever since.

Emailed them twice since then regarding a tech query on an El Guapo frame which they didn’t know the answer to and a potential crack on the aforementioned C456 but they said it was nothing to worry about.

So they have always answered my emails just not always helpfully!

Northwind

With my warranty claim on the C456, they seemed to decide they didn’t want to replace it, then tried to justify the decision with whatever excuse popped into their heads… First said “The finish has no warranty”, then “the finish has only a 1 year warranty”, both false… Quoted them their own warranty and got “Yeah, it’s unclear isn’t it”. No, it’s not.

Then it was user error, it definitely wouldn’t have happened if I’d heated the tape before removing it. I had, though.

Then they settled on “The frame isn’t compatible with helicopter tape, if you wanted to use helicopter tape you should have bought a frame that’s advertised as being compatible”.

As of last contact, they’d just stopped responding to emails. Phoned, and they said “We can’t deal with that on the phone, email us”.

Irony is, I know they’ve replaced the frame for other customers with the exact same issue… So I’m in no hurry to shop with them again.

grittyshaker
    Free Member

No problem here. Speedy supply of 3 bikes in perfect nick and rapid, satisfactory response to queries by their web form, phone, email and even Twitter.

mangatank
    Free Member

Always had excellent service, both when ordering products (and quality there of) and seeking support.

nmdbasetherevenge
    Free Member

OK unless you need warranty, apparently no paint on the edges of the dropouts is normal. I haven’t used them since. Previous to that though I used them quite a bit and they were OK.

The El Guapo thread is quite good reading.

Speshpaul

Two words and the second one is useless.

tomas91
    Free Member

In the beginning, everything seemed to be fine. Sent them my frame for a warranty claim (they arranged the collection), the day after it arrived (February 22nd), they e-mailed me that it would be replaced and new frame would be sent to me ASAP.
    Till date, no frame has arrived, when I e-mailed them last Thursday, they told me to confirm my address, because it was returned to them as undeliverd. Confirmed them my address, but haven´t heared from them since then. Wrote 2 more emails, but no one has replied to any…
    Now I have neither the replacement, nor original frame…

tomas91
    Free Member

The replacement frame arrived yesterday, so everything seems to be fine except for some delay 🙂

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘On-One customer service any good?’ is closed to new replies.