Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • On-One Chunkey Monkey / Smorgasboard Compund Q
  • DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Morning all. Probably going to hit the button on a pair of these later but want to ask quickly what the best setup is? Guessing for the price I may as well got for the folding dual compound jobbies – anyone think different?

Or should I spend a little more and get some of these Onza Ibexs?

Del

i tried the ‘vanilla’ CM on the front and it put me on my ar5e a couple of times, and nearly put me on my ar5e a number of times. use them on the rear only now. replacement has been good ( older bontrager xr4 i had in the garage ).

davewalsh
    Free Member

Personally I’d go dual compound on the front and single on the rear. The single compound will provide enough grip for the rear but should roll a bit faster and last longer.

chakaping
    Free Member

Personally I’d go dual compound on the front and single on the rear. The single compound will provide enough grip for the rear but should roll a bit faster and last longer.

This is working great for me, on both 26in and 29in.

tmb467
    Free Member

single compound CM front and SM rear was perfect for last year

dual compound is only on the edge of the tyre, so depends how much time you spend on your edge

EDIT – so what DaveWalsh says (tho you might not even need it)

br
    Free Member

Dual on the front is brill.

tmb467
    Free Member

I may try that to see if its any different…

fr0sty125
    Free Member

I would go dual CM front dual Smorg rear.

slimsi
    Free Member

I tried dual compound CM on front and back was very slow on the winter bike, so put SB on back and its great and no grip issues.

ontor
    Free Member

I use the single compound on front and rear. Lots of grip. like it a lot.

teethgrinder

Dual Smorg on the front, single CM on rear. Liking them better than the HR’s I had on before.

nuke

Personally I’d go dual compound on the front and single on the rear.

This for me with my Smorgasbord tyes on my 29er. On my 26er though, CM single compound rear, Minion front.

tomaso
    Free Member

I like the dual flavour CM on the front for Lakeland riding – no complaints. Only ridden Smorgs once on a mares hardtail front and rear single compound and hated them.

Go figure 😉

robhughes
    Free Member

I sure the chunky monkey is designed a front only is it not..?
    brant around x 3. 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Well I put one on the back for a big ride in the Lakes and I didn’t die.

Was a bit draggy, but not as bad as a HR2 for example.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘On-One Chunkey Monkey / Smorgasboard Compund Q’ is closed to new replies.