Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)
  • On one carbon OG handlebars reduced to £29.99
  • mos

Kinda makes you wonder what they pay for them in the first place.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Didn’t notice these bars before. Kinda tick a lot of boxes for what I wanted for the singlespeed after finally realising my 780mm Renthals are just waaaay too wide.

Bought a set. Anyone want some Renthals?

bigjim

what kind of renthals?

jupiter
    Free Member

Are these suitable for off road riding, or is it only for cruising to the pub?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

BIG ones! 780mm x 10mm full on Fat Bars. Uncut, good condition, not much use…

firestarter
    Free Member

Ive just realised the same dave and chopped mine down to 710mm much better 🙂

bigjim

ah bit heavy, have them on my bouncy bike but looking for something lighter for the hardtail

nedrapier

cheers OP! Wanted another set of Answer 20/20s but they’re a bit spendy!

Paceman
    Free Member

Very tempted by a set of these for my rigid hardtail. Anyone tried ’em?

brianp
    Free Member

[*]Mountainbaker on the Bearbones forum like’s em.

“They are really really very comfy bars, the shape is great, sweep is perfect for me with my knackered wrists, and the carbon sucks up trail buzz really well.”

Not sure why On One describe them as ride to pub bars. Very much son of Mary Bar with more width and in carbon. Should be just perfect for SS 29er and my Rooster.

rOcKeTdOg

Look a bit like ragley Carnegie’s, if only they weren’t a riser

nedrapier

Blimey, that was quick. Or, on the other hand, next day delivery turned out to be just that. Happy considering my “in-check” O-O delivery expectations!

Finish is a bit scrappy inside the ends – uneven, gobby resin – but looks much more uniform an inch further in, and looks great on the outside.

Happy enough to trust the process, I’ll post back if anything bad happens. If this is the last thread in my posting history, come and find me?

miranmtb
    Free Member

nedrapier can you post some pics when installed …

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Same here. Ordered yesterday morning, here this morning. How dare you be so efficient on one?! I’m meant to berate you abd you do this to me! In all seriousness, bars look good. Not sure about the gold but they’re light and feel nice. A bit like a mary/fleegle. Only just fitted them but will try and get a ride in on them before the weekend. First impressions though that they might just be the holy grail of what I was after for the ss. Like a mary but not. Like a fleegle but with a touch more sweep and wider and lighter than both.

BruiseWillies
    Free Member

Oh FFS! I think I paid full price for the Alu ones, about 5 quid cheaper!
    They are exactly the same as Carnegies, the riser ones at least. Very comfortable, nice width and not too stiff.

hora
    Free Member

I love my carbon easton havocs. Even when I crashed them the first thing I checked was my fork stanchions and my arm. Nothing else.

After buying and promptly sending back the carbon ragley bars I wouldnt touch these. Even if sandra bullock blew me as part of the deal.

nedrapier

Why?

kimbers

Why indeed she consistently makes awful films and has an annoying whiny voice ? Plus she’s a bit old now

hora
    Free Member

IMO trust in carbon bars is key.

nedrapier

So you trusted your Eastons so much you didn’t bother checking them for crash damage? You thought your stanchions and your arm were more prone to structural failure?

And you trusted the ragleys enough to buy them, but not enough to use them?

All sounds a little irrational.

miranmtb
    Free Member

IMO trust in carbon bars is key.

IMHO trust in every bike component is key (not just carbon bars).
    Please post some pictures guys.

hora
    Free Member

No. Confidence in them. Do you check alu bars?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Oh no, you’ve got me really worried now hora because a company linked with CRC made some bars you weren’t happy with and now a totally seperate company have made some carbon bars too. Oh shit, I’m going to send them back before I die.

The ONLY bars I’ve ever seen snap when out riding were a set of carbon Eastons by the way.

nedrapier

Miran, prob won’t be fitting them for a few days at least, sorry!

simon1975

The only bar I’ve snapped whilst riding (not crashing) was Aluminium. Whilst it was second-hand to me and I didn’t know it’s history, I won’t trust Aluminium bars on a MTB ever again. Carbon ftw.

Been very happy with my Carnegie bar for about 5 years now I think, and my (bargainous) OG can now wait for the day I need it. Am slightly annoyed that I splashed a lot of cash on 20/20’s earlier this year, but they’re all good…

brianp
    Free Member

Mine just arrived. Well pleased. Similar to Mary just a tad wider.

Pics here with OG on top of Mary.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=775970939113343&set=pcb.565776270217105&type=1&theater

miranmtb
    Free Member

@brianp: the fb link is not working for me (This content is currently unavailable)

brianp
    Free Member

Sorry pics were on the UK Fatbike page which may have blocked them as a closed group.

Have loaded them on my page

Posted by Brian Pearson on Thursday, September 18, 2014

Hope that is viewable. Just ordered a second pair.

Brian

rickon
    Free Member

I’m properly confused by their description. “They’re 685mm but feel.like a 720mm, but also they’re 68cm and feel like a a 710mm bar”.

Wtf? They’re narrow bars. If you want a 720mm.bar, don’t buy a 685mm bar. And don’t listen to On One telling you their narrow bar is actually what you want.

nedrapier

I can see what they might be on about, the angle of your wrists opens up your chest more, so you feel wider. Just tried them next to a pair of the other recent STW PSA carbon bar, the 711 Havens, and the OGs feel more open. If that’s the feeling you want from a wide bar, then you’ll be happy. Assuming anyone else but me knows what I’m on about!

The angle of the bars might help recruit muscle more effectively for uphill hauling, which isn’t the only reason for wide bars, but an important one for some, particularly SSers.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Definitely feel wider than Marys which is what I wanted…

rOcKeTdOg

look like more back sweep than my carnegie’s

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Never seen Carnegies in the flesh but they certainly look like a fair bit more sweep. Certainly comparable to Marys, maybe a touch less.

granny_ring

Yuk.
    Could put those on my aunties shopping bike.

vondally
    Free Member

using these bars do you need a longer stem to get the correct set up?

oldnick

Look good for me and my knackered wrists. I presume they can be used upside down to lower the position on my 29ers?

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I guess you’d maybe go 10mm longer. My stem felt 10mm too long with wide flat bars but with the same stem and the OGs it feels much better.

spectabilis
    Free Member

BALL LOCKS! not long paid full whack for the aluminium ones….
    They are a great bar.

nedrapier

If anyone’s interested, I can take some photos this evening with the OGs on the same steerer (not cut it yet) above some EC70s on the same length stem.

?

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘On one carbon OG handlebars reduced to £29.99’ is closed to new replies.