Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • On One Carbon 456 16" and Pike 2014
  • deadkenny
    Free Member

I understand there are issues with the 16″ frame and some tapered Rockshox forks.

What about the Pike 2014?

If it’s no go, can it be fixed as per before? The “fix” is a different headset stack or something from what I’ve read. Problem is I’ve got a Smoothie jammed in there and heard it’s difficult to remove them.

Anyone know any better (I’ll ping On One also but just seeing if someone here has looked into the Pike 2014 on the 16″ frame already).

daveh
    Free Member

Think the problem was with the frame so I wouldnt expect the new Pike to be any more or less of a problem than any other tapered fork. As for the smoothy mixer, it is a pig to get out. I managed to knock one out with the aid of an old seatpost as a drift, others have clamped (and destroyed) the cup in a vice and worked the frame around to get it out.

wwaswas

fix was a taller crown race so you can keep the headset if you’re happy with it.

on-one will know how much taper is acceptable so you’d need to get the Pike measured to see if it’ll cause problems.

deadkenny
    Free Member

Think the problem was with the frame so I wouldnt expect the new Pike to be any more or less of a problem than any other tapered fork

Apparently affects certain Rochshox tapers, whereas Fox ones are fine from what I’ve read.

It is the frame design at issue but depends on the taper size if I understand the issue right, and not all tapers are the same apparently.

deadkenny
    Free Member

By the way, taller crown race… as in the race at the base of the steerer, not the race at the top of the head tube?

If so would be a little annoying as just got their 1.5 race for the smoothie.

Pinged a ‘tweet’ and response from On One was they don’t know, will have to check, but nothing further.

Just need to know if it’s a go or no go so I can press the button on the forks.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘On One Carbon 456 16" and Pike 2014’ is closed to new replies.