Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • On-One carbon 29er frames, what's happening?
  • jupiter
    Free Member

What is happening? Race frame seems to have disappeared and the Lurcher, well I hope it arrives. Also what happened to the revised Scandal 29er? I know On-One are going through some changes, just wondering what is going on.

brant
    Free Member

Carbon frame project has been quite oddly managed. Various intermingled issues. Business, supply, priority, then there’s the problem of boring but important things like quotas and end user import duties.

Race is still going, but supply slow.

Lurcher is delayed but still happening.

Scandal is in production and the new model features slightly bent seat tube, tapered head tube (which will take the new slackening headset), rack mounts, and swapout dropouts. Colours will be “super raw”, black ago and racing green.

Janesy
    Free Member

Although I do Bash On one…. Sorry Brant. I have been thinking about ditching my Epic and geting a On One 29er carbon.
    Im so impressed with my Nanolight road bike 🙂 I think a change might be due.

badgerboy
    Free Member

Any news on the Ti frames at all?

Dino
    Free Member

Was in the on one shop the other week the 29c looks really nice

brant
    Free Member

I am resampling the Ti frames as I have a few revisions I want to do to bring things up to date. Not rushing to push through designs I haven’t touched.

rOcKeTdOg

Scandal is in production and the new model features slightly bent seat tube, tapered head tube

yuk, bent top tubes and weird looking sized headtubes don’t do it for me at all

jupiter
    Free Member

Thanks for the answers.

fatmax

Hi Brant – any ideas of (realistic) dates?
    Many thanks
    FTM

allthepies
    Free Member

+1 to the OP. On-one seem to have been heavy on bigging up forthcoming frames and then nadda. V. interested in a lurcher but no timeframe / geometry info to be found. Can you help Brant ?

IanW
    Free Member

Suppose I can just about understand putting rack mounts on the inbred 29er, but putting them on the Scandal!! Please dont if its still an option. . Dont you think it will lessen the appeal to buyers who want a dedicated mountsin bike not an allrounder something youve now made the inbred anyway.

They just dont look very good.

Straightliner

Personally I’d like the bikes to keep rack mounts, just in case. When it’s caked in mud you’ll never see them anyway, and as an all out off road distance machine they’re second to none for value, so are a good choice for touring.

Very keen on getting a Lurcher, but it’s been 12 months now since they were supposed to be coming. Is there a more accurate expected date yet?

druidh
    Free Member

Scandal 29er with rack mounts you say……..

Mark_K

Got tired of waiting for a Lurcher so bought a Inbred 29er to tie me over but i’m kinda woried that the lurcher will only be available in 18″ as is the race frame, even though they said they would bring out different frame sizes months ago ???
    Can’t moan to much the inbred is great 🙂

boxelder

Rockets – seat tube/top tube confusion.

fatmax

bump, anyone know dates for any of these?

Clink

double bump – any more info?

flatfish
    Free Member

Spoke to them yesterday and they hoped for the end of the month.

druidh
    Free Member

which month?

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

How will the Lurcher differ from the Race? Will there be any more Scandal 26ers?

Whippets and carbon 456s are pretty much out of stock too

Can never understand how On One products go out of stock for so long?

druidh
    Free Member

Jolly Green Giant – Member
    How will the Lurcher differ from the Race?

http://www.on-one.co.uk/news/products/q/date/2010/11/12/twentynine-inches-report

Check out the dates

stills8tannorm
    Free Member

Spoke to them yesterday and they hoped for the end of the month.

Why, what are you buying me?

flatfish
    Free Member

Was going to buy the wife a pink scandal but they aint doing pink this time. Very dissapointed wife. 🙄

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)

The topic ‘On-One carbon 29er frames, what's happening?’ is closed to new replies.