Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 218 total)
  • On-one Big Dog or…
  • dangeourbrain
    Free Member

(spoiler alert – i have no pants on)

Thanks for the warning, that had the potential to spoil rather a lot for rather a long time.

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Is it safe to order a big dog now then, or more to the point, am I safe to wait until the weekend once SWMBO has had a few glasses of I’m-going-to-be-in-less-trouble?

brant
    Free Member

Is it safe to order a big dog now then, or more to the point, am I safe to wait until the weekend once SWMBO has had a few glasses of I’m-going-to-be-in-less-trouble?

Frame will be £175 tonight or tomorrow

UPDATE: Code HOTDOG now offers frame at £175

https://www.planetx.co.uk/i/q/FROOBD/on-one-big-dog-29-mountain-bike-frame?deal=HOTDOG

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Whoo hoo.

[mental note] flowers on the way home [/mental note]

cromolyolly
    Free Member

Frame will be £175 tonight or tomorrow

Wait, we only get 2 days to get our affairs in order? The aluminium people got 2 weeks!

Please have pants on please have pants on.

survivor

Whoops. Accidentally bought a Big Dog frame after seeing this….

This is why I’ll never be rich 😂

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Phosphate ordered. Now ideally just to find a decent rear hub before the frame arrives

jamesgarbett
    Free Member

What’s the code for the Big Dog complete?
    Will it take a 27.5+?

brant
    Free Member

Code is HOTDOG

Haven’t checked B+
    Stays a bit narrower tho so less likely.
    (checked drawing. Looks like a no.)

jimdubleyou

Will it take a 2.6 29er?

JackHammer

Don’t suppose you’ve got any better photos of the two colour options of the Big Dog, Brant?

Trying to decide on a colour….

😀

brant
    Free Member

Will it take a 2.6 29er?

Depends. I’m sure someone will find one that won’t fit.
    There’s around 80mm between the rear stays at that point.

brant
    Free Member

Don’t suppose you’ve got any better photos of the two colour options of the Big Dog, Brant?

Trying to decide on a colour….

😀

No sorry

highlandman
    Free Member

Orange, Large ordered. yay!!
    It’s going to be loads of fun establishing which parts from the old 29er fit and which don’t work on this frame. All part of the attraction…
    As it’s going to be both commuter and bikepacker, I need as wide a range of gears as I can get away with. Without breaking the bank on 12 speed nor changing the rear hub.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

I heard a rumour (I read a post in the other thread) about a rigid fork version. Any details on spec, availability? Would be interested but don’t want to miss the discount!

jimdubleyou

I heard a rumour (I read a post in the other thread) about a rigid fork version. Any details on spec, availability? Would be interested but don’t want to miss the discount!

It’s on the site already, the SX full build comes with it. You have to spec the Rock Shox if you want them.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

Cheers Jim – saw that.

Was wondering if there would be a F & F option. Also doesn’t say much about the fork (length, axle etc) unless I missed it

brant
    Free Member

Cheers Jim – saw that.

Was wondering if there would be a F & F option. Also doesn’t say much about the fork (length, axle etc) unless I missed it

It’s a 490mm carbon fork with boost spacing.

jimdubleyou

Spousal approval negotiated, order placed. 🙂

More than a month to wait 🙁

bonzodog
    Free Member

Was all on board for a big dog, looked at the numbers then slept on it. Maybe its a bit too near to my LS SolarisMax for me to justify.

Bootzipper on the other hand, may be a lot nearer to the type of riding I’m doing these days.

Don’t really need another bike but I always get sucked in on this forum.

blitz

Big dog frame in raw phosphate ordered. Never built a bike up from frame only before and fancy it as a winter project. Plan to buy a few bits each month and raid the spares box and see what happens. Will be using it for local trails, bit of bikepacking and as a general run around town bike so hopefully can pick up some bargain parts and go from there.

jimdubleyou

@brant – are you going to be doing GX builds of the Big Dog for pre-order?

JackHammer

Will this frame need boost cranks?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

Do we know the seat clamp size? I’m guessing 34.9 to suit a 31.6 but would be good to have a real number

bonzodog
    Free Member

dangeourbrain

Subscriber
    Do we know the seat clamp size? I’m guessing 34.9 to suit a 31.6 but would be good to have a real number

34.9 according to the spec list.

cromolyolly
    Free Member

Will this frame need boost cranks?

Previous page according to Brant 32 teeth on non boost should fit fine – he quotes 50mm chainline which is +/- what a lot or cranks quote.
    36 teeth in boost should fit but bit in spec.

Anyone know how long the discount code will be on for?

spooky_b329

I know it’s meant to be a dig describing these as shit gas pipe frames, but the big dog sticker says it’s triple butted on the image (impossible to read on mobile as the images won’t zoom but I saw it last week on the laptop) One of the other frames was the same… this is crap…but the sticker suggested otherwise.

So, are the main tubes ‘nice’ or is the triple butted slightly posh sounding sticker only referring to the down tube?

dangeourbrain
    Free Member

34.9 according to the spec list.

Thank you – I missed your post last week.

jimdubleyou

Oooo, exciting, just got the email that my bike should be built tomorrow…

New bike day on Friday maybe…

survivor

Anyone got news or had email on the frame only orders?

I’ve just noticed a mistake on my order confirmation from last month. It makes it look like I’ve only ordered a big dog thru axle 😮 but my PayPal receipt says big dog frame.

Eeeek. Wish I’d spotted that sooner.

blitz

My frame order email was the same, looks like only the thru axle. Sure it’s fine. No news but PX Instagram post suggests the shipment arrived today as scheduled.

survivor

Nice one. Wonder when new frame day will be then.

survivor

Just checked with customer service and the order is fine and frames are getting shipped out for delivery early next week.

jimdubleyou

Went on PX chat to see if I needed to stay at home tomorrow, and sadly, it seems the axles have failed QA so nothing is going out just yet. They are on to Superstar to see what they can turn out.

An email will go out with revised delivery timescales once they have them…

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

Anybody had any Big Dogs shipped/delivered yet? Either full bikes or frames. Waiting on a frame. I had heard about the axle issue, but since pre-ordering I’ve not received any correspondence at all, anyone got a revised timescale through?

jimdubleyou

Just this minute got the shipping notification- new bike day tomorrow…

PocketShepherd
    Free Member

Awesome. Hopefully frame orders wont be too far behind.

vmgscot

Also waiting on a frame…hopefully not too much longer

andykearney1
    Free Member

I have ordered a frame and hopefully i could be building the bike at weekend.

highlandman
    Free Member

I think like some others, I got an order update e-mail yesterday, which doesn’t specifically say it’s out for delivery and just repeats the limited info from the original order confirmation; i.e. just mentions the axle not the frame that I’ve paid for. I’ve no idea what’s going on. Frustrating, Brant….

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 218 total)

The topic ‘On-one Big Dog or…’ is closed to new replies.