Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • On-One – any plans to increase their range of tyres on offer?
  • rob-jackson
    Free Member

Loving the chunky monkey 2.4, anyone know if they have any plans to add to the tyre range?Something like a crossmark would be ace!

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

Why not just buy a Crossmark?

ahwiles
    Free Member

the smorgasboard is a bit less chunky than the monkey?

paulrockliffe – Member

Why not just buy a Crossmark?

they’re £30, on-one tyres are currently selling at £12.

rob-jackson
    Free Member

Smorgasbord isn’t very good ime – very heavy for little grip

ahwhiles – you cannot cross tyre brands ffs!

cookeaa

I’ve been looking at the chunkymonkey and Smorgasbord as possible replacements for my last set remaining pair of Eskars…

The Smorgasbord looks like the sort of sensible weight all-rounder that most people will really be after, Chunky Monkey as an alternate front tyre for those with more of an interest in Gravity, pretty specific products that suit OO’s UK audience at a sensible price point…

The Crossmark is slipping more towards the XC end of things and is one product in a pretty well catered for market, not sure OO would shift the units when people are quite comitted to their prefered brand

Tracey

Cookeaa

Ive got a pair of nearly new Eskars for sale, only used for one weeks riding

Junkyard
    Free Member

Crossmarks are rubbish for anything associated with mud – good for hard pack and anything well drained- is a trail centre tyre.

Smorgasbord are just about worth £12 and doing everything poorly/ok ish not grippy but not too draggy and not too great in mud a bit mleh at everything but price.

Chunky monkey – not risking it given view of above

Some on one stuff is great and some is cheap for a reason

wysiwyg
    Free Member

What tyres should i get from there for general trail riding atm?

Im not up on my tyres below 2.25″ wide. Highrollers or bust for me usually

cookeaa

Cookeaa

Ive got a pair of nearly new Eskars for sale, only used for one weeks riding

Cheers but mine are not dead yet, I’m just looking for the next pair, I like the Eskar, I’ve used them for a while now, but they’re not perfect, especoally if you ‘re not a serial tyre swapper, and the Schwalbes on my DH bike have reminded me what a propperly grippy tyre feels like…

I’m thinking I’ll order two of the folding 60a, 2.25″ Smorgasbords as they look to be a pretty reasoanble replacement for the Eskars, those mid position blocks providing a bit of transitional grip where the Eskar is arguably a shade deficientfor, and at £25 for the pair it’s worth the minor gamble, plus another £15 gets me a 50a, 2.4″ High Roller-ish option for the front if I feel I need it… I think I’m going to give OO’s tyres a whirl… 3 “suck and see” tyres for about the cost of one Hans Dampf… rude not to IMO.

I’m assuming they can be run tubeless…

ahwiles
    Free Member

i’ve got mine (smorgasboards) running ghetto tubeless, with no problems, which is a first…

heavy? – yeah they’re a whopping 800grams.

grip? – plenty for my own particular style* of mixed-peak-and-woodsy-singletrack.

(*pootlecore™)

chakaping
    Free Member

heavy? – yeah they’re a whopping 800grams.

Experience has taught me to be wary of any tyres weighing less than 800g.

Seems to be the tipping point for me in terms of not getting many flats with tubes or slashes when tubeless.

Ed-O
    Free Member

They’ve been working just fine for me tubeless in 29er and at the moment with tubes on a 26er, both Chunky Monkey front and Smorgasbord back. I get given them, which makes it kind of less of a thrill that they are so cheap. I think they should be £50 so I can feel more smug.

doom_mountain

I rate the Monkey/Smorg combo on my Pitch, they’ll soon be going onto my newly built hardtail. I find them great for Lakes riding, cope with rocks well, tough, cheap, couldn’t ask for anymore…

An On-One ‘Crossmark’ would be a perfect replacement for the back.
    Where’s Brant? 😉

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘On-One – any plans to increase their range of tyres on offer?’ is closed to new replies.