Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)
  • On-One 456 Ti's – Wet My Appitite
  • Spankmonkey
    Free Member

picking up a frame tonight…. go on get me excited 😉

AndyRT
    Free Member

druidh
    Free Member

Whet

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

that response is wet

Daffy

Andy – what the deuce is going on with your cabling mate 😕

I wasn't a fan.

AndyRT
    Free Member

I was running a 1×9 which was 'borrowed from another bike, so I didn't fancy cutting down the cable.

The Hopes were new, and I had just placed them on the bike. Shorter now. And 1×1.

Sorry to offend your aesthetics 😕

Daffy

And well you should be! – fence needs sorting too. 😉

AndyRT
    Free Member

That was the good bit! Beech tree had just been felled, hence all the chippings on the ground!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Nearly but not quite finshed in the pic. I couldn't quite get on with it; it was too flipping short!

whippersnapper
    Free Member

any excuse

Daffy, nice choice of rims

poppa
    Free Member

Short in what way, ScottChegg? Length or height?

Daffy

Looks like height and length to me. You about 6'1" SE? Looks like a 410mm Thomson at pretty much full extension and a 110mm stem.

My 18" was all kinds of wrong for me too.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

oh that is nice whipper, is that a Ti post as well? Andy those DT forks look just right on there.. how do they handle on the 456?

Well mine will be having a set of Magura Thor's, hope mini pro's (green team) EX1750 wheels in white etc… just need to strip my old bike down 1st 😉 any excuse for a beer and a bike build! im 5 11 and have gone for an 18"…… should be ok looking at the geo!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Daffy – I'm nowhere near. I'm 5'10" and ride a 17" P7. The received wisdom was that a 16" would be OK, the 18" would be waaay too long. The Thomson is a 410mm, but there was plenty in the seat-tube, it could be the angle.

I always found it too short; It was like sitting on the bog with my hands on my knees, and I can't tell you why. My P7 fits just so and I can't say where the difference is. That's the joy of try before you buy, I suppose.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

And that is a 100mm stem, the 50mm (!) that was recommended felt like having my hands behind my back.

I'm sure I must have ape arms or something.

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

I'm sure I must have ape arms or something.

Or just needed the 18? I did read up that I may need a 20" (so lots of different advice)as I may be inbetween sizes…. mmmm I prefer shorter bikes and normally go 17.5, hopefully an 18" with 70mm stem will be spot on (I hope). There is a guide on on-one which states most people need an 18"

http://www.on-one-shop.co.uk/?page_id=940

I hit the 18 or 20, guess it depends if you prefer long or short bikes, I thinkk who ever told you that you need a 16" needs to be shot!!

ScottChegg
    Free Member

18" might have done it, but all interweb wisdom said the 18" would be too big/long. Once I'd taken the plunge I wasn't keen to repeat the experience. Tried it, got it out of my system, move along.

whippersnapper
    Free Member

is that a Ti post as well?

after the s**t-kicking my Chameleon and Thomson post gave me I fancied a bit of comfort so yep, a Van Nicholas ti post and ti saddle too. It worked 😀

Spankmonkey
    Free Member

nice… I looked up the prices of a ti post and then decided to buy a small country instead….. almost as expensive as a frame! I did used to have a dean ti post, it was great but sadly needed cash so had to sell the damn thing!

whippersnapper
    Free Member

it's worth it…although a small country could be nice too

stoney
    Free Member

Here is mine…..

Candodavid
    Free Member

Hmmphh, mine currently awaiting new wheel, will do pictures for next thread,

Cheeky-Monkey
    Free Member

Think sometimes you need a high rise stem / bars / big steerer stack to get some of Brant's frames to fit. Sure I recall him saying this somewhere when someone mentioned the "short" HT on frames he designed.

AndyRT
    Free Member

The forks work Great! The axel crown length is shorter than a set of pikes (just!) and the knock down to 100mm is great for slugging it out up a steep hill. I got the QR versions, but in retrospect I would have bought bolt thru if these hadn't been on offer on the Pace sight.

martyc
    Free Member

Daffy

SE – I felt the same, like a baboon on a bike. I always felt like I was on top of it rather than part of it.

It was blummin good fun while descending, but just lackluster for everything else.

I prefer my steel IF.

vinnyeh

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

I realised my 18" was far too small for me after buying a 29er. It was bloody good fun at the time though.

LimboJimbo

Here we go. Mine's a 16" and just right for my towering 5'7" frame.

happysv
    Free Member

5'10 16" frame 150mm 2010 revs. 🙂

Big-Pete
    Free Member

20"

the_lecht_rocks

oh, i love mine :

dirtypiere
    Free Member

GaVgAs
    Free Member

No longer mine, but looked thebiz

Keva
    Free Member

GaVgAs
    Free Member

Stoney…Love the slide! 😆

lobby_dosser
    Free Member

like the fork stickers duggie style. What bars are those on yours?

I'm going out for 1st ride on my tomorrow. Pics to follow,

bigdugsbaws
    Free Member

Bontrager King Earl

ando227
    Free Member

my ti456 is mostly using bits that are designed,made or both in yorshire or lancashire! obviously not possible for all components, but done the best i can.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 43 total)

The topic ‘On-One 456 Ti's – Wet My Appitite’ is closed to new replies.