Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • On One 456 Carbon owners….
  • marts500
    Free Member

Thinkin’ about getting this frame and wondered if there is an adapter out there that enables running a brake disc so it mounts on the outside of the seatstay instead of inside the rear triangle…and are there any limitations regarding rotor size etc….?

Cheers

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Yes there is, running 203mm on mine…

nuke

Mine came with adapter to run on the outside of the seatstay as standard. My Scandal 29er V2 didn’t

marts500
    Free Member

Cheers…i have a 185mm disc and an Avid BB7 cable caliper i would like to bolt in.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

There’s more wrong with the design of those frames than worrying about the disc mounts. Ask On One how to remove the headset lower cup, should you ever need to, I don’t think you’ll like the answer…….

M1llh0use
    Free Member

It’s not *that* much of an issue PP, just as long as you remember that the headset cup will be staying with the bike or get destroyed removing it…

Duffer
    Free Member

Ask On One how to remove the headset lower cup, should you ever need to, I don’t think you’ll like the answer…….

I’m intrigued…

M1llh0use
    Free Member

BB cup in vice, twist frame to remove. (May destroy headset cup in process)

marts500
    Free Member

Any recomendations on suitable tapered BB Sets….?

M1llh0use
    Free Member
    kristoff
    Free Member

Mines on the outside of the seat stay too I asked for this as I wasn’t sure if my
    Mono M4s would fit inside the triangle.

As for a headset I’ve gone for a hope mix and match headset. Hopefully not have to change it too often as I can just replace the bearings as and when they’re ever needed.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

BB cup in vice, twist frame to remove. (May destroy headset cup in process)

Exactly. Be cause of a poorly designed head tube insert.

Now, what about the head tube that’s too short for the taper on some Rockshox forks…….?

M1llh0use
    Free Member

Rock shox?

Who uses them anyway?? 😉

Northwind

I tapped the headset out of mine no bother (a medium). So don’t ask about that, ask about the finish that falls off as if it has leprosy, and the warranty that they won’t honour.

maxtorque

My c456 came with an “outtie” as std too 😉

P20

Mine inside the frame, looks nice and tidy. 180mm hope mono4 on an 18″ frame no problem. It means the bleed valve is pointing in the wrong direction, so bleeding can be a pain…..

Untitled by ritcheyp20, on Flickr

deadkenny
    Free Member

Headset cups should tap out like any normal one, can’t see why not.

Paintwork does seem to chip off from what I hear. Mine is raw and I don’t have that problem 😉

Got straight 1 1/8″ Recons and Smoothie Mixer. Been working fine and smooth for more than a year now. Some seem to have problems but I don’t know why 😕

The thing about the tube too short for some forks is made clear on their site and applies to the 16″ frames only.

Brake is mounted inside on mine with no problems but then it’s a 160mm X0 at the rear.

hora
    Free Member

Northwind warranty? What happened?

avdave2

I needed to get an outside mount for mine to fit Avid Elixir brakes. The finish is pretty poor but I knew that when I bought it and at £250 I wasn’t too bothered.

boltonjon

The finish is pretty poor but I knew that when I bought it and at £250 I wasn’t too bothered.

Exactly – i paid £250 for a new undecalled frame last August and i’ve been really impressed

The paint hasn’t come of as quick as i thought it would

It rides great, hasn’t broken (which is good for me) and is very light & stiff for a 140mm HT

I run a Hope mix n match headset. Haven’t needed to remove it yet – but it can’t be that difficult if you have the right tools

The cable routing is a bit poor, but lets put it into context – its a carbon HT frmae which will take tapered forks, a dropper seatpost and can be converted into a SS for the winter

And it cost £250….

Bargain of the year – thanks On-One!

Northwind

hora – Member

Northwind warranty? What happened?

Long story short- big chunks of finish came off, I got 3 different justifications to reject the warranty, all of which were wrong, then they admitted the frame wasn’t compatible with helicopter tape but said that I should have bought one that was advertised as being compatible! Lost the will to live a bit at that point. Meanwhile, I know at least one other person with the same fault got a replacement frame…

It was a good bike and I enjoyed it but it’s put me right off.

hora
    Free Member

Weird as I always found Brant ok to deal with on such things- could it have been whilst he was away working in the CRC warehouse drawing on the back of packing cases?

Northwind

Think it was just as he was returning to the fold. But you’re right, he got involved with my first Mmmbop’s warranty and it was really helpful (TBH I think CRC would have sorted it anyway but with his input it was so fast and smooth)

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘On One 456 Carbon owners….’ is closed to new replies.