Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 144 total)
  • On One 456 Carbon on ebay…
  • Gachet
    Free Member

This bike has been built for me to understand the full custom ordering process within my business and learn the art of custom building and specing

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve got a funny feeling he’s going to turn up here soon and be very very angry.

🙂

wwaswas

cannondaleking – swapped from a steel 456. I love it – weighs 22lb’s ish and flies up the hills. Very similar on the twisty stuff to the steel bike, tbh – i.e. really good.

Only real downside of carbon so far is that it sounds like you’ve got Animal from the Muppets playing a tupperware drumkit in your camelbak if you go over a loose surface and stuff gets thrown up at the downtube.

Gachet
    Free Member

I’ve got a funny feeling he’s going to turn up here soon and be very very angry.

Someone should send him the link to this thread!

woody2000

The ad has the tone of a young kaesae 🙂

cannondaleking
    Free Member

wwaswas are you in suffolk/norfolk area if so anychance i can have a go was gonna get a whippet last summer and had a pre order but got let down on delivery so ended up with a full sus xc frame instead of the whippet but was also looking to get a more agro lightish bike for taking to wales and the like but yours does look pretty dame cool

wwaswas

sorry, I live in Brighton – you may find a bike if you start a thread – someone got a test ride on my steel 456 that way.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

not a bad plan il start a thread i dont mind driving a little way as id rather be sure than spend out a find i dont like (done that before)

how long before this lad finds this thread and the rattle gets launched from the prevebial pram

ziggy
    Free Member

Noo, don’t link him the thread, he’s clearly delusional, send messages showing keen interest. Then add to watch list, the more the better, then he will be sitting in front of his pc come auction end wondering why it hasn’t sold.

*Adds to watch list*

Jackass123456789
    Free Member

hehe

Asked him a question, I wonder if I get a response??

hora
    Free Member

IT looks like its been painted with tippex.

Gopping.

Plus how much? I mean seriously.

Harry_the_Spider

I quite like the look of it myself… but £3000!

You could buy a metal one for that.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Hi electrolisispain, can you tell me if this is suitable for racecore light, or is it more jeycore fusion? I’m really looking for something to max out the grrr factor of gnarly trail-centre xc rad-core without going full on bang bang whoop holler, if you know what I’m sayin dude. What’s the story?

Let’s see what he has to say about that!

Harry_the_Spider

ho ho.

I’m not a registered e-bayist so can’t see the questions. Can somebody copy them onto here?

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The ad has the tone of a young kaesae

I see what you’re sating, but Kaesae was never that bad, and he’s grown his little bearing company very well IMO 🙂

warton
    Free Member

my questions:

Hi,

on-one currently list the carbon 456 frame as 499.99. As far as I remember it’s always been that price. why have you added 200 pounds to this price?

Is this a premium for your cytech skillz?

If you could knock that 200 pounds off I would be interested, would it be possible to get 203mm rotors front and back?

Thanking you

Gachet
    Free Member

Hi,

on-one currently list the carbon 456 frame as 499.99. As far as I remember it’s always been that price. why have you added 200 pounds to this price?

Is this a premium for your cytech skillz?

I think the premium could be for the art of custom building and specing that he has learnt and mastered so well.

I also think this could make him very angry as he just doesn’t want to know about discount prices despite claiming he can get almost any pedals at trade price….

Harry_the_Spider

I also think this could make him very angry

What’s he going to do… own you with a set of FOX TALAS RLC FIT 120-150 (£849.00)?

1981miked
    Free Member

Shibboleth- that question is quality! Made my day.

Ok, can we get the following words in some questions: mongoose, flux capacitor, anti foo foo valve, twin zam zimmers, squiggle pin, womble, hoof and onomatopoeia.

Any other suggestions?

1981miked
    Free Member

Oh and flange.

Harry_the_Spider

clunge plunge

cannondaleking
    Free Member

bet his mates think he’s so talented he spec his own bike with an anti foo foo valved fox shox and flux capacitor shifter for his rad core 10 speed get up.

i bet this guy is about 17 saturday boy got the parts cheap realised he cant afford it and thinks ha ho i can make a profit here as everyone that doesn’t work in a bike shop is a nob.

shall i tell him about me as im cyctech level 3 and have an hnd in engineering and now work offshore for an ok day rate after serving 6 years in the navy as an air engineering artificer apprentice 🙄 (i got smart and left)

why do i get the urge to side swipe these people when they try taking people for a ride :roll:i cant wait for his reply i really cant wait

toys19
    Free Member

Classic ebay fail if that sells for 2.5 k I’ll eat my hat.
    I reckon this guy thinks his new business is buying parts from CRC and superstar, building the bikes up and selling them quoting full retail and expecting a profit. moronicus maximus.

1981miked
    Free Member

Good one Harry.

Can we get a chuff in there and a yeehah, and definately a gudgey strip .

cannondaleking
    Free Member

and even being cyctech level 3 i dont got round doing shit like that 👿

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I’m thinking of buying the thing.

clubber
    Free Member

I think it looks alright actually. Silly ad though.

woody2000

The more I look at it, the more I like it. Looks like a lot of thought’s gone into it if you ask me. Everything works well together, nicely specced etc.

So apart from the slightly nobbish tone of the ad, it’s a thumbs up from me.

EDIT: And is he so far off in terms of price?

rob2
    Free Member

I might ask him if he can do other colours.

Custom build like.

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

I’m going to have to be putting the price of all my auctions up in future – i’ve been doing it wrong by trying to establish a competitive price based on what things cost rather than rrp. I’m not cytech qualified but i own some tools – 5% extra on top sound fair?

Thats one nasty looking bike.

xiphon
    Free Member

sent him this…

Couple of questions here.. Are the warranties for all the separate components transferable to the new owner? If I’m spending 2.5k on a bike, I’d like to know there’s support behind it.
    When was the frame purchased, at 699?

Will update [if] I get a reply…

jools182
    Free Member

I sent him this

Are there going to be pedals included in this build? £2500 seems a lot for a bike with no pedals. If so I’d like red ones. Or white. Anything but black. Cheers

bikeryder85
    Free Member

hahaha…wow…so i’m surprised nobody’s mentioned the poor use of the xc guide+bash (def not suposed to be used like THAT). I agree with cannondaleking on who is really selling it… 🙄

ashfanman
    Free Member

What’s he going to do… own you with a set of FOX TALAS RLC FIT 120-150 (£849.00)?

😆

iain1775
    Free Member

Maybe Im being a bit picky but for me his advert left alot unanswered –

Hello mate
    I have a few questions about your bike if you don’t mind-

1 – You say the parts are waranted, who is it that has a warant out on them, is it the police, MI5, KGB or FBI?
    Should I worry about this, is the bike kosher?

2 – I currently have the same ‘unique’ wheelset on my other bike, I see you investigated during the wheelbuild process, is it easy to rebuild such a ‘unique’ wheelset, can you supply instructions? (I will gladly pay RRP for this item if its not included already)

3 – A 32 front ring on a single set up is not really what I would want, could you fit a 34 or maybe swop the chain guide for a double set up for the same price? (you could keep the chainguide, it doesnt look much use to me set up like that)

4 – can you provide exact weight in EU recognised metric units please?

5 – Can you likewise provide weight with pedals of my choosing?

6 – “TYRES. MAXXIS IGNITORS 26 X 2.1 LUST £94.00” can you clarify – is this per tyre or for two

7 – I see you have listed cable iners and outers, can you confirm the cables have end nipples fitted to prevent fraying? This is not clear from your pictures

8 – can you provide a breakdown of your hours to complete the build so I can justify the additional £200 quoted on RRP to the bike to work administrators at my employer (You do take bike to work vouchers I assume?)

9 – can I have a test ride?

10 – could you substitute Runnin Gin for Gordon’s. I much prefer Gordon’s Gin

11 – ehm appologies as it may be a bit obvious this one but what ARE your normal shop hours?

12 – can you send overseas? (I am currently in Nigeria and would also be interested in any mobile phone you may have for sale)

13 – can you send me your bank account details and password so I can transfer the money?

handyman153
    Free Member

iain1775 –

If you have actually sent that, that is great.
    Hope he gives the right answers..

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Anyone had a reply?

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

bit harsh on the guy – ok its not the right price, and is abit ridiculous idea for a build to sell, ie a £400 frame….but if the frame was a 5 or such like it wouldnt sound quite so bad…the frame is the problem….

still if thats what its cost to build (albeit silly doing so) then i guess he just wants the money back he paid….id personally strip it all and sell seperately and i bet he wont get far off the £2500 asking price….

it is a totally strange thing to do though, and by the way, i like 456 carbons, and if i built one it would be similar, but i would never build it up to sell brand new like that….

KINGTUT
    Free Member

Have you lot got nothing better to do?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Nope…

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘On One 456 Carbon on ebay…’ is closed to new replies.