Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 144 total)
  • On One 456 Carbon on ebay…
  • Stoner
    Free Member

someones put a lot of effort into that. Bit marmite, but I like it. Im not sure you couldnt do the same for less than 2500 though?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Hideous?

ashfanman
    Free Member

Don’t think I’d be spending a minimum of £2,500 on that, myself.

1981miked
    Free Member

I think there is too much white on it, and im pretty damn sure i could build it for less than £2995…

DrDomRob
    Free Member

I like it.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Plastic?

ciderinsport
    Free Member

Are the frames not £499 or am I talking bananas???

And, yes I hate it, apart from the chainset – I have a thing for red 😳

1981miked
    Free Member

I know it is really bugger all to do with me but he seems a bit arsey in the last paragraph and when answering the question..

Harldy an attitude to attract customers and bidders.

Having said that if the rims, stem and bars were black i think it would look better.

1981miked
    Free Member

The frames are £350 ciderinsport..

Im sure On One are doing a deal on the frame and a revelation fork for £750 aswell.

akira

His quoted prices for quite a few of the bits do seem a bit high.
    Not my cup of tea.

ashfanman
    Free Member

Are the frames not £499 or am I talking bananas???

Nope, they’re £399. Almost all of the prices on that listing are considerably inflated.

1981miked
    Free Member

Yes i agree,

It is the last paragraph that got me,

Why would you pay more for the bike/parts when you could do it cheaper yourself…

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I almost thought the man in picture 8 was going to put the thing out of it’s misery and in the bin.

Except he’s not a bin man.

coogan
    Free Member

Thoughts?

The most hideous On One I’ve seen. And they ain’t good looking normally.

GlitterGary
    Free Member

I want some of the “runnin gin” he’s offering. Maybe he was on it when he built the thing?

iain1775
    Free Member

minging and an attitude
    Won’t sell

1981miked
    Free Member

That’s what i thought Iain.

Why be a bit of an arse when you are trying to sell a £3000 bike that is infact worth maybe £2000?

rob2
    Free Member

He’s having a giraffe.

Not very stealth!

69er
    Free Member

£4K build based on a £499 On-One plastic frame….

£4K spend doesn’t make it a ‘superbike’ just an expensive bike…. 🙄

Best of all, a £2500 opening bid! The last time I looked warranties only apply to the original purchaser. And if he’s in the trade and buying at trade it won’t have cost far off £2.5K brand new. Only mugs need apply.

Caveat emptor!

pop-larkin
    Free Member

Perhaps with all the spelling mistakes he mis-typed the price!

tk46hal
    Free Member

I love Marmite on my toast with poached eggs, but the bike is horrible!
    For that money, you can build a top spec bike and with a metal frame!

GlitterGary
    Free Member

A colleague at work just got this reply from him:

“Dear eltorolocospain,

Are the rotors 160mm?

I like 140mm rotors, but may be happy with 160mm rotors if that is possible.

Many thanks.

– BILLY

Dear BILLY,

is this a wind up ? i have already answered one question about the brake size and they are 185 front and 160 rear , nothing ekse is possible and as you may be aware these brakes have never come with 140mm rotor option so would never be possible anyway. the description is there for al to read and is accurate. many thanks

– eltorolocospain”

😀

lunge

Whoever it is has some kind of relationship with Leisure Lakes in Daventry as that is where the picks were taken. Possibly explains his attitude to customer service?!

Gachet
    Free Member

The way the rear caliper mounts is horrendous and why put a remote seatpost on a carbon hardtail?

It looks about as good a £350 Commencal one of my neighbours bought last year.

chakaping
    Free Member

Blimey, some people are full of it eh?

This bike has been built for me to understand the full custom ordering process within my business and learn the art of custom building and specing including the handbuilding of the selected and unique wheelset

Looks like a parts bin special to me – like my own carbon 456, which cost well under a grand.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

As a C456 owner myself, I have to say that is utterly gopping. I don’t like white bikes anyway: Mine’s all black.

PeterPoddy
    Free Member

The way the rear caliper mounts is horrendous

Eh? It’s not actually. It tucks it away very neatly.

paulrockliffe
    Free Member

The caliper mount is clever, and I like where it puts the brake, but when you look closely it does look a bit odd because you have the frame, then the dropout inside the frame, then the caliper adaptor inside the dropout.

Cytec qualified, but hoses far too long?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

This is the Internet. I am Cytec qualified on here, as well as being World Downhill Champion.

69er
    Free Member

Congratulations! I never knew 😉

iain1775
    Free Member

It looks about as good a £350 Commencal one of my neighbours bought last year.

It doesnt look that good 😉

But why not put a dropper post on a carbon LT hardtail? – personally I would rather that than sliding a post up and down getting grit and whatever inside the carbon frame every ride

Serious attitude problem, I may have to fire some questions across to wind him up a little

woody2000

I quite like it. Thankfully though, I have even less money than taste, so it won’t be gracing my shed any time soon 🙂

Harry_the_Spider

yes i know some of you might be able to get some of the parts on line from discount suppliers just dont tell me about it , look at whats on offer and bid its as simple as that , go build one yourself if you can do better for the price!!! thanks …

oooooh!

cannondaleking
    Free Member

Anyone feeling a forest gump vibe from this guy brains wise lol that add made my day ow and im off shore really bored transiting back to the uk so didn’t take a lot.

A nice bike but wrong price and defo the wrong colour other than that nice build give it two rides for the superstar bb to wear out and headset to fade then fit some chris king and bob’s your uncle

1981miked
    Free Member

Shall we all ask him a daft question or two?

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Someone already did… 😉

wwaswas

it’s like a negative image of my 456;

GlitterGary
    Free Member

Except yours is loads better and not Cytech built.

cannondaleking
    Free Member

but wwaswas yours looks a lot better than his and ow my god did yours cost anything near £4000 as well or was the other guy just pulling my big hairy toe

ps i do like the look of the 456 in black does look quite cool do they handle alright (i normally ride steel you see)not dearded go full carbon yet

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 144 total)

The topic ‘On One 456 Carbon on ebay…’ is closed to new replies.