Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • On my travels again – looking for pub recommendations in Kirkcudbright
  • RustyMac

As per the title.

Down in Dumfries and Galloway for the next few days – unfortunately without my bike.

Looking for pub recommendations for Kirkcudbright for this evening.

Cheers

Rusty Mac

prawny

Dunno about pubs but polarbites by the river does banging queenies. Noms. I think there is a pubs next door, but don’t quote me on that, always got the kids with me when I’m in that neck of the woods.

somafunk

Pop into my mates pub (simon & L-J) Masonic Arms independent (not brewery owned/leased), good range of ales,beers and 50+ varieties of bottled beer, should keep you going for the night.

I’d avoid The Tides Inn, The Royal, The Bay, The Steam Packet. The Selkirk Arms (lounge bar) is nice enough but more of a decent foodie sort of place rather than a pub

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Pop into my mates pub (simon & L-J) Masonic Arms independent (not brewery owned/leased), good range of ales,beers and 50+ varieties of bottled beer, should keep you going for the night.

I’d avoid The Tides Inn, The Royal, The Bay, The Steam Packet. The Selkirk Arms (lounge bar) is nice enough but more of a decent foodie sort of place rather than a pub

That’s about it in Kirkcudbright. The Selkirk if you’re after something a bit fancier food wise, otherwise the Masonic is spot on. And Soma’s list of places to avoid is bang on too.

RustyMac

Ok, staying in the Selkirk Arms on db&b and the dinner was amazing. The food was brilliant, the staff were fantastic and the price compared to Aberdeen was very very reasonable.

Off to the Royal to see what their interpretation of an old-school disco is then most probably to the Masonic for another pint.

somafunk

Ehh, I’d advise against going to the Royal…….(I live in the town btw), however if you wish to see or perhaps participate in a good old fashioned bar fight then go ahead 😀

RustyMac

Soma you up for a beer – my shout?

To curious not to poke my head in the door for this good old fashioned disco but if it is as bad as it sounds we will most likely head to the Masonic for a pint. Have had one or three already today.

somafunk

I’m not at home t’night otherwise i would, seeing as you’re from Aberdeen i imagine there’s plenty experience of dodgy pubs to call on so you’ll be fine, if not then shout “I know kenny….i know kenny and you’ll be left alone 😀 . Kirkcudbright is a fishing town so it does have it’s characters, there’s some you can turn your back on and others you need to lamp with a pool cue/chair/table or whatever is in your hand before legging it…not entirely joking btw but it’s not a bad wee town – all the boats are out at the moment so it’ll just be the local dregs that end up in the royal – it’ll be entertaining for a newbie 😉

PS : the royal won’t get busy (if at all?) till 11pm onwards

RustyMac

Wow just wow. Harmless while we were there but oh my what a place.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘On my travels again – looking for pub recommendations in Kirkcudbright’ is closed to new replies.