• This topic has 14 replies, 14 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by PhilO.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • On-line Spanish lessons?
  • jj55

I need to brush up on my rudimentary Spanish. Any recommendations for on-line help?

Gracia!

hammyuk
    Free Member

Qué?

wicki
    Free Member

I have struggled for years with online language learning, I found you just seem to learn words not sentences and good pronunciation. I recently started a face to face course and the difference in learning is huge…try to find a native speaker who wants to learn english you can teach each other over skype type app.

How to Find Conversation Partners, the Best Language Exchange Sites

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    curto80
    Free Member

The right answer to this always used to be the Michel Thomas CDs, although in those days I had a Nokia 3310 so times may have moved on a bit

Three_Fish
    Free Member

Duolingo desktop and mobile apps.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Find a native speaker – you will never “learn” a language until you use it firsthand

jj55

Yep, looks like sound advice – thanks
    I used to attend lessons for about 3 years delivered by a native speaker and found them very useful. She’s now gone ‘back home’ to Spain so i was really just looking for an on-line service to brush up my rusty skills.

soobalias
    Free Member

duolingo Spanish is latin American flavoured.
    Michel Thomas dwells excessively on tenses and stresses and while covering verb form extensively, covers little grammer
    also tried/recommend:
    Pimsleur (Castillian) Spanish
    Notes in Spanish (podcast series)

midlifecrashes

One of my kids has studied it beyond A level and speaks well of Duolingo and memrise, but mostly of Alejandro from Bilbao.

leffeboy

lessons with real people is the fastest way to get going. If for no other reason than you actually do the practice. The problem I’ve found with apps and books is that it is easy to skip them and this is something you really need to do every day to get up to speed

For that reason alone the duolingo app on your phone can work well up to a point as you can set aside 10-15 mins every lunchtime to do it

Rockape63
    Free Member

duolingo Spanish is latin American flavoured.

Ive found that, as Ive been using it relentlessly for a few weeks now and some of the words are a bit different to real Spanish….but its helping me get a basic understanding and I know considerably more than I did a week ago.

abarthx19
    Free Member

The Language Transfer website is well worth a look, they’ve produced a range of free language courses including one for Spanish. Its similar to the Michel Thomas but uses their ‘Thinking Method’ – I really enjoyed their approach and it made more sense to me than any other language lesson/resource I’ve tried in the past.

http://www.languagetransfer.org/complete-spanish

maccruiskeen

Moe

I use Duolingo and Butterfly Spanish and granted, it does not replace using the language with interaction with others but my thinking is, it’s all staying in the grey matter somewhere so when the opportunity arises It will only help.

PhilO
    Free Member

I’ve been very impressed with the “Say something in Welsh” online course, so I would imagine that their Spanish course would be good: https://www.saysomethingin.com/spanish/level1/challenge1

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘On-line Spanish lessons?’ is closed to new replies.