Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • on-line share trading
  • jon1973
    Free Member

Anyone recommend me a good on-line broker? Low volume, maybe a couple of transactions a month. There seems to be a lot of choice with fees ranging from a few quit to £15+ per trade. Any good experiences?

SVS Securities seems to come up at the top of a lot of the comparison sites.

j_me
    Free Member

I used HSBC Invest Direct solely because it was easy to link with the rest of my accounts. No complaints, services and their online options were good. They answer their phones quickly, even during the height of banking crash when people were complaining they couldn’t get hold of their brokers.

jon1973
    Free Member

was that a standard £12.95 a trade? are there any other extras for UK share trading with hsbc or just the cost per trade. HSBC would be the obvious choice as I have a current account with them.

j_me
    Free Member

Yes flat rate per trade. IIRC the rate dropped significantly if you did more than X trades a year. I think they also gave you some form of “trading overdraft”…although I never used this.

allthepies
    Free Member

I use iii.co.uk and am happy with them.

Stoner
    Free Member

I like share.com but don’t trade frequently. I mainly use it for long hold investment purchases and research.

stumpy01

iii.co.uk for me too, not that I’ve bothered with it for ages now.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘on-line share trading’ is closed to new replies.