Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • on for the diy ers / electricians – what to replace 12v downlights with
  • kilo

When the house was last decorated / re built inside. Mrs Kilo insisted, against our electricians advice, on numerous smallish c55mm 12v downlights, similar to these there are now about 26 of the things scattered around the house and I find them a complete pita. Every time I have to change a bulb the new one won’t fit in the light fitting, the bulbs pop out, the wire retaining loop wont go in, etc. So I am looking to get shot of them but what is a suitable replacement given there are 26 holes in the ceiling, cost is not going to be too much of a problem as hate them and want to be rid of stupid wire clips

IA

How about LED ones so at least you have to change the bulbs less often?

andyl
    Free Member

and cost less to run.

johndoh
    Free Member

I would replace with mains voltage LEDs personally.

I expect my LED bulbs to outlive me.

kilo

Thanks for that, I’m going to get a few led bulbs and new fittings and trial a changeover

stevomcd
    Free Member

Definitely replace with mains LEDs. With a bit of luck, existing cabling will be up to spec or you could use it to pull through new cables (and therefore not have to tear the rooms to bits). Then just have to by-pass the transformer.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘on for the diy ers / electricians – what to replace 12v downlights with’ is closed to new replies.