Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)
  • On behalf of decent Motorcyclists everywhere
  • newrobdob
    Free Member

Driving in general does seem to be worse in the North of England though. I mean, the majority of people are similar but there are many more speeding arseholes around.

You HAVE to be kidding me? Whenever I go down South to see PP I am taken aback at the crap standard of driving. I drive on the M1 and M62 everyday but on the worst day it’s not a patch on the abysmal standard of driving on the M25 and others around London.

Drac

Does it bollocks.

Errr! Ok if you say but I drive around 2000 miles a month or more for work alone in the North and only see queues around the city areas.

molgrips
    Free Member

Whenever I go down South to see PP I am taken aback at the crap standard of driving. I drive on the M1 and M62 everyday but on the worst day it’s not a patch on the abysmal standard of driving on the M25 and others around London.

Maybe you just don’t notice it any more. The M62 is always a white knuckle ride whenever I do it. The M25 isn’t great either, but remember there is more to Britain than the North and the South-East.

M4 – fine
    M5 – bit busier
    M6 Brum – same
    M6 Manc – uh oh
    M62 – Argh wtf?!
    M6 past Preston – relax again

councilof10
    Free Member

Great comment and somewhat typical. My wife and FIL were first on scene on the way back from Grimsargh. Father in law pulled him out of the hedge and started CPR (ex paramedic), unfortunately he didn’t make it. A guy loses his life (Dave Bennett 53 from Bamber Bridge) and your whinging about your **** takeaway. Another vehicle was involved in the collision but lets not let that get in the way of a good troll, eh?

You’ve just reinforced my point Ben. Why the hell should ordinary, considerate, law-abiding people have to suffer because some 53-year old decides he wants to be Valentino Rossi??

Why should your FIL have to try and kickstart some idiot that can’t resist blatting along at (literally) break-neck speeds in a 30 zone?? It was Sunday evening FFS, he should have been heading home to watch Countryfile, not having to scrape up some selfish idiot that, for the sake of a little adrenalin buzz, ruined your wife and FIL’s weekend, the life of the poor guy in the car, the lives of his own family, and my Chinese!

Happy Valley’s salt and pepper chicken wings have an unmistakable slightly crispy outer skin that melts in the mouth… Absolutely divine. Mine were soggy and well below par, I was devastated.

Inbred456
    Free Member

Drac when you say North do you mean Lancashire and Yorkshire or the proper North above Scotch Corner. I see friends in Manchester quite a bit and it’s rammed with traffic compared to the North east. Standard of driving is ok though. Get further South and the standard drops exponentially.

Drac

No I mean proper North way passed Scotch Corner.

ourmaninthenorth

You’ve just reinforced my point Ben. Why the hell should ordinary, considerate, law-abiding people have to suffer because some 53-year old decides he wants to be Valentino Rossi??

I did a quick google to check the details as B

ber Bridge isn’t a million miles from me.

Nothing in the press about the cause of the incident either way, other than a car and bike being mentioned and an appeal for witnesses.

Careful how you jump to conclusions….

zanelad
    Free Member

I’ll admit to doing some stoooopid speeds on motorbikes, but my golden rule has always been to do it for myself, where no-one is around, so if you do sling it down the road you’re not going to hurt anyone else.

My view exactly. I don’t ride with others as the temptation to ride like more of a nutter than I do is too great. That overtake that is safe for the first 2 or 3 bikes, becomes less so for the 4th and 5th bikes and touch and go for the others. Most won’t hold back and look soft in front of the group.

I don’t ride to many bike gatherings for the same reason. If I do, I ride at my own speed. At my age IDGAF what others think of my riding or how slow they think I am.

I choose the time and place to let rip.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

As I have said before, I work in Cumbria for the emergency services. I attend at least 1 RTC each week involving a motorcyclist. More often than not no other vehicles are involved, just a case of high speed and country roads.
    I have found however that motorcycle leathers do hold body parts quite well.
    The worst I ever attended was a rider hitting a que of stationary traffic at road works. The rider went through 3 cars. Literally. His family were traveling in a car following. It was not a pleasant experience.

Whatever you ride/drive always do it safely. Please.

Nico
    Free Member

I can take my mountain bike to a relatively safe environment and drive back home with nice heated seats feeling great that I have spent a few hours in the great outdoors without the risk of losing my licence. And my family can be with me.

Nice.

theotherjonv

any words for the nobhead on the A31 near Farnham just now. It’s a 60mph dual carriageway all the way from Guildford until just after the hotel becomes more open and a NSL / 70mph section. There are frequently speed camera vans, so I’m trundling along at a nice safe 60 on the cruise control overtaking lorries, when I’m aware of an organ donor wannabe coming up behind me with lights full on – based on closing speed I’d guess in excess of 100mph. Then he’s a couple of feet off my bumper until I move over for him at which point he indicates an opinion that I’m ‘a bit too fond of my own company’ and then wheelies off to well in excess of the now 70mph that I’m doing.

Where do these people come from?

councilof10
    Free Member

Careful how you jump to conclusions….

I was privy to the Police log.

Drac

Matlock.

zanelad
    Free Member

Behind you.

Viewing 14 posts - 41 through 54 (of 54 total)

The topic ‘On behalf of decent Motorcyclists everywhere’ is closed to new replies.