Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • OMM Festival on Cannock Chase. Anyone else going?
  • welshfarmer

Next weekend. I’m signed up for the Long Score event. 7 hours on Saturday and 5 on Sunday. Hopefully won’t be as hot as it was last year. Anyone else taking part?

si77

I’ll see you there. Not feeling prepared for 7hrs though. Never ridden there before, how hilly is the Chase?

welshfarmer

There are a few areas which are quite hilly, lots of valleys and ridges between them than can mount up if you end up going across the grain. The trick will be to choose a route that means you don’t end up constantly going up and down all day long! That said, there are very few climbs more than 100 m max. I will be camping in my van on the Black Mountains MBO enclave! Look out for our banner and call by to say hello.

welshfarmer

So how did you get on Si77? I had a pretty good couple of days with 2nd place on both days, but with 2 different people taking top spot on each day meant I was able to poach the overall win. Was a couple of big days TBF meaning over 200 kms and about 3000m of climbing in total for the 11 and a bit hours riding. Hope you had a good one too.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘OMM Festival on Cannock Chase. Anyone else going?’ is closed to new replies.