Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • OMG! Where has all the time gone? Cake issues.
  • ThePinkster

I can’t believe how quickly this year has gone. The clocks have gone back this morning and I’ve only just finished mixing the Christmas cake!!

I’ve now got over 4 hours of waiting, but…
    Am I too late?
    Will it have time to mature for the big day??
    Where does all the time go to???

mikey74
    Free Member

Christmas cake? Bleugh!! Can’t we adopt Black Forest Gateaux as our festive cake?

ThePinkster

Philistine 😉
    A well made home baked Christmas cake is a work of art

jota180
    Free Member

Can’t we adopt Black Forest Gateaux as our festive cake?

No! a slice of Black Forest Gateaux and a slab of Wensleydale just wouldn’t be right (or palatable)

fangin
    Free Member

Feeding Christmas cake regularly with cognac from now until then should do it. And if it doesn’t, eat with custard to cover any ills.

Say, this IS a nice subject to think about!

mikey74
    Free Member

Well, given the fact that I hate icing, I hate marzipan and I hate fruit cake, means it’s never going to be a winner for me :mrgreen:

ThePinkster

😆

z1ppy

I realised this last night but (after a panic search) found this site with a number of different way to do it & am gunna consult today. Can’t remember what I did last year, or what guide I followed… bugger!

Mikey74, your a WRONG UN!

AdamW
    Free Member

Strangely enough my christmas cake is currently in t’oven. No almonds or marzipan (eww) are going to defile my masterpiece, however.

Nuts will be banned when I rule the universe. Just you wait. 😀

ThePinkster

Just taken it out of the oven.

The kitchen smells glorious at the moment 😀

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘OMG! Where has all the time gone? Cake issues.’ is closed to new replies.