• This topic has 514 replies, 144 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by hels.
Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 515 total)
  • Olympic Road Race Thread
  • MussEd
    Free Member

Not the bbc in control of pictures. World wide coverage is the same, controlled by IOC/LOCOG. That said, Hugh porter should have a list of riders names/numbers you’d think!

umop3pisdn
    Free Member

Cheers Simon 😳

franksinatra

Is it me or is the BBC shite at covering this

Looks like they are struggling to get the info needed for good commentary. They do not have time splits, race radio etc.

leffeboy

yep, same here in Belgland. The video is the same as the IOC streaming so there seems to be limited info. available 🙁

donsimon
    Free Member

Crash.

jota180
    Free Member

Pretty boring to watch TBH without the time splits

Think I’ll go to F1 qually and come back for the last half hour

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Lesanita2 – Member

I hate to be negative, but why don’t the commentators know who everyone is. There will be lot of people watching for the first time. I’m hoping the commentators step up soon. Come on fellas! Where is to Rob Warner!

Porter is like Liggett….past it. Least they have Boarman who knows what he is on about but dull as foook. Eurosport for last 2 hours.

(have you heard warner commentate on xc MTB … what a c0 ck)

MrSynthpop
    Free Member

Getting bored of this, the total lack of time split info combined with the commentators struggling to name anyone unless the monitor tells them is getting wearing.

Andy_B

Is anyone in Richmond Park? Is it too busy to take the bike or should I go on foot?

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

As always, http://live.cyclingnews.com/ is rather good as a secondary text feed

convert

I think my money is on this break staying away now with no trade team sized team to pull it back.

verticalclimber
    Free Member

should leave boardy to it and shoot other guy

verticalclimber
    Free Member

nice to see roads i ride though

meehaja
    Free Member

without all the info, live cycling is quite dull. I’m off to do some washing up! (PS is that music form the car that I can hear?)

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

Just back in from watching at Coombe Lane hairpin. Great to see things up close but gap seemed to go on for ages ! Remarkably easy to get to and police and marshals were great. CAV gave everyone a roar on the bend!

Go team GB

mboy
    Free Member

Mick Rogers’ break?

Anybody got a guess as to why?

Maybe he was hoping his Sky mates might make the jump with him and bridge the gap, cos good as he is as a TT rider, I don’t think he can bridge that gap on his own…

djglover
    Free Member

Is anyone in Richmond Park? Is it too busy to take the bike or should I go on foot?

Fine on the bike, watched it go out. Will be watching the end on the telly

corroded
    Free Member

Commentary in Australia also vague. Would have liked to have seen a Brit (Stannard?) in the inevitable break as a plan B option.

But also great to see my part of the world on TV all the way over in Oz.

mboy
    Free Member

Would have liked to have seen a Brit (Stannard?) in the inevitable break as a plan B option.

I thought that too, though Millar would probably have been the better option with his experience he could have paced the break slow enough for a surely inevitable catch by the Peloton I reckon.

I think they’ve gone for strength in numbers though, and will work very closely with the Germans, right until the final few KM of the race. As the 2 strongest teams there, they’ll need to work together well and use the TT prowess of the likes of Wiggo, Froome and Martin to bridge that gap.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Here we go………

….team GB, stick or twist ?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Oh we might finally have a race

GB really need to up the pace

mboy
    Free Member

Crikey, just popped outside to bring my washing in off the line… What happened? 😯

hilldodger
    Free Member

Nibbles trying to go up the road with a small group

hilldodger
    Free Member

team GB still churning out at tempo

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

mboy – Member

I thought that too, though Millar would probably have been the better option with his experience he could have paced the break slow enough for a surely inevitable catch by the Peloton I reckon.

why would you put the team captain in the break ?????

why would GB want anyone in the break ?? would leave 3 men to chase it down with no help from anyone else.

anyway….attacks going off like last nights fireworks.

donsimon
    Free Member

What’s with all the channel hopping for the love of god?

hilldodger
    Free Member

I would guess the small group attacks are more to rattle team GB rather than actually get away…

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

don simon – Member

+1

coverage is crap

Porter is worse than Murray Walker. referring to Rogers as O Grady, now talking about cav attacking on the climb. foooooooook off you you senile old git.

mboy
    Free Member

why would you put the team captain in the break ?????

Forgot he was the team captain.

why would GB want anyone in the break ?? would leave 3 men to chase it down with no help from anyone else.

My thoughts were someone experienced could possibly work to slow the break down somewhat, given that they’ve got no team radios though, I suppose it would be extremely difficult to manage at all accurately, so what they’re doing will be the best option for sure thinking about it.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

don simon – Member

Didn’t you know that half time at a women’s soccer match is more important than cycling?

😉

donsimon
    Free Member

Didn’t you know that half time at a women’s soccer match is more important than cycling?

Ye Gods!! They let women play football??? They’ll be wanting the vote next. 😐

unklehomered
    Free Member

So there isn’t a commentary off option on the actual sporting events then…

Duggan

The Swedish Chef

As always, http://live.cyclingnews.com/ is rather good as a secondary text feed

*thumbs up*

Good link

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Ye Gods!! They let women play football??? They’ll be wanting the vote next.

Don, it is a girl’s game. Didn’t you know?

😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Jesus wept he called it soccer 🙄

So how did you like the first Test and who is the best in the world – gets in low blow 😉

EDIT: that photos is funny though

16stonepig
    Free Member

They’ll be wanting the vote next.

There was some protest to that effect in Stratford last night, I think. Well, I saw some placards anyway.

donsimon
    Free Member

Now where’s it gone?

Woody
    Free Member

Anyone know the expected finish time as I have to nip out to the shops?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

🙂 @ Junky!

(Was in the Caribbean for the first test, so rather glad to have missed it! 🙂 WI v NZ in Antigua looked pretty spicy, though!)

unklehomered
    Free Member

NZ have a rider called Jack Bauer. That’s my pleasing fact for the day.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 515 total)

The topic ‘Olympic Road Race Thread’ is closed to new replies.