Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)
  • Olympic Commentary Nonsense Thread
  • athgray
    Free Member

I heard Colin Murray on 5 Live yesterday saying that he imagined the American team would travel to London first class, and how he could not imagine Usain Bolt in economy.

singletrackhor
    Free Member

Not sure about the commentator, it might have been mr porter, but during the mens mtb at Bejing, he commented that one rider was drafting the other in a section with lots of trees. The co commentator corrected him.

unklehomered
    Free Member

Not nonsense but this got a giggle from me on the guardian live blog

I think it’s safe to say Chambers has been forgiven, although I think you could put Rosemary West out there in a Great Britain vest and she’d get a huge ovation.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Somebody just said (on the womens swimming) ‘these are the fastest women on the planet’
    Well I’m sure that German woman who goes round the Nurburgring is a bit quicker for a start.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

Denise Lewis just described an athlete as ‘complete poetry in motion’ 🙂

mrhoppy

Opening ceremony as Egypt walked in Hazel Irvine came out with ‘In some countries Ramadan falls over the Olympics’. 🙄

flippinheckler
    Free Member

James Cracknell apparently said when the women lightweight sculls won gold said they over performed WTF???

wooobob

Mark Foster last night said something like ‘the toughest victories are the ones you lose, which I liked.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Another one I’ve heard after a heat is, ‘so tell us what you’ll have to do to beat so & so in the x00mtrs final tomorrow?’
    I’d love to hear someone say, ‘I’ll have to run faster you divvy’

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

Linekar just now

“This isn’t the end of swimming, but it is the end of Michael Phelps”

Why? Is he being executed?

crikey
    Free Member

Commentary on the athletics seems to have ground to a complete halt. Well done, please take my license fee and cock up the athletics like you messed up the cycling…

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

yes where is the commentary?

Whathaveisaidnow
    Free Member

its back…grrr

unklehomered
    Free Member

right now on the online feed there’s nothing. Just sport.

Its pretty good. I still know what’s going on. There’s writing comes up on the screen to tell me who people are. Greg Rutherford, I’ve heard of him so he must be our national furthest jumping bestest guy or something… And there’s a stern old man with a white flag. Don’t why he keeps surrendering, maybe he’s french…

BBC – keep this up.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

“You’ve just missed the biggest cheer of the day”

Well done BBC

unklehomered
    Free Member

posted by a friend of mine last night

Life is all about balance. The out and out joy of a gold medal will always be neutralised by the sheer horror of Sebastian Coe kissing you on the face.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

James Cracknell apparently said when the women lightweight sculls won gold said they over performed WTF???

Well it normally means that they were not expected based on previous results to win. Hence they preformed over the expectations or “Over Performed”

PrinceJohn

You guys need to tune into the beach volleyball with ed leigh, its almost like rob warner crossed with Alan partridge…

JohnJohn
    Free Member

Annanelle Croft on Five Live, commentating on the mixed doubles finals; when asked by co-presenter to stop talking about the food that had been brought and “…let’s commentate” replies “what with a sausage I my mouth?”
    Classic, studio in fits, tea spat over my just painted wall!

ocrider

You guys need to tune into the beach volleyball with ed leigh, its almost like rob warner crossed with Alan partridge…

The bloke should have stuck to extreme sledge racing IMO

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Well it normally means that they were not expected based on previous results to win. Hence they preformed over the expectations or “Over Performed”

Makes sense if that is the case!

maccruiskeen

bit of a snigger yesterday after women’s team pursuit final, the present said he and Mark Cavendish needed to reach for the tissues.

plop_pants
    Free Member

Dwayne Chambers “I thought I was going to ‘ave him”

matt_outandabout

“If Yorkshire went for independence and became a country, they would be 11th in the medal table!”
    😆 8)

loum
    Free Member

JohnJohn – Member
    Annanelle Croft on Five Live, commentating on the mixed doubles finals; when asked by co-presenter to stop talking about the food that had been brought and “…let’s commentate” replies “what with a sausage I my mouth?”
    Classic, studio in fits, tea spat over my just painted wall!

That was brilliant, Annabelle Croft is my new favourite sports comentator.
    Up there with the best TMS classics.
    Here’s a iplayer link for those that missed it, listen from 3hours49mins , but the link runs out on Saturday.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/b01lhh2w

Pigface
    Free Member

Chris Akabusi on now and is alternating between cringe worthy and laugh out loud.

northernhammer
    Free Member

Hugh Porter again: “Laura Trott is literally on fire!”

racefaceec90

“they’re on fire tonight in the velodrome!” wouldn’t that breach health and safety 😕
    edit should have read the post above 😳

giantonagiant

Mens Volleyball Final:

“These guys are training for 4 or 5 hours a day, 5 days a week and playing 1 sometimes 2 matches per week. You won’t find harder training Olympic Athletes anywhere”.

Really? 😯

BurnBob
    Free Member

Commentator on women’s MTB, it might be boardman said about Annie Last “she literally knows this course better than the back of her hand”

buzz-lightyear
    Free Member

Ed Leigh “Fontana all most sitting down he’s so tired”. Not noticed that his saddle fell off a few minutes back

Viewing 31 posts - 41 through 71 (of 71 total)

The topic ‘Olympic Commentary Nonsense Thread’ is closed to new replies.