Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 160 total)
  • Olympic BMX
  • klumpy
    Free Member

🙁

GW
    Free Member

😯

Get the ching in 😉

jambalaya
    Free Member

oopps, Reade just didn’t turn up. Poor start went backwards.

GW
    Free Member

What gear do they use btw?

First gear 😉

Kuco

That was very unexpected 🙁

xiphon
    Free Member

6th Place for Reade…

geetee1972
    Free Member

Did you see Reade’s arms shaking when they were hard against the gate? The stress of competing eh. The commentator saying moments before that you really need to relax in order to get a good start.

GW
    Free Member

Mens soon.

C’mon Willoughby !!

shifter
    Free Member

Blimey Walker was hiding her light in the semis, then played a blinder in the final.

randomjeremy
    Free Member

Be good to see your boy do it but Fields for me

bikey
    Free Member

Bad luck Shaneze. She was shaking on the gate. I guess the weight of a nation was on her shoulders and it was just too much. Liam on the other hand has no expectations on him.Gearing is usually 44-46 16 depending on the track and size of starthill.

convert

Jamie Staff just described the final of a BMX race as a “complete lottery”, and he knows a thing or two about BMX. Is that any way to decide an Olympic champion in any sport?

Good spectacle today though – preferred it to the TT qualifier round.

xiphon
    Free Member

It is a lottery – all it takes is someone to wipe out in front of the favourite rider…

geetee1972
    Free Member

Can I be the first to say:

FLATS!

donsimon
    Free Member

I demand a restart!! He wasn’t much more than 100m out!!! 😐

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

geetee1972 – Member

FLATS!

Only if I can be the first to say that I reckon they know more about it that you!

😉

Shame to see that, but as said, it’s almost a lottery!

wwaswas

What convert said.

They’ll have dancing horses in there next.

jimthelad
    Free Member

FLATS!

You can not put that much power down at that cadence with flats.

GW
    Free Member

Wow!!

thought Sam was gonna do it through the rythm section
    Really didn’t want Strombergs to win 🙁

chiefgrooveguru

I wish it was best of three like the track sprinting!

geetee1972
    Free Member

Only if I can be the first to say that I reckon they know more about it that you!

No need mate – you’d have to be a donkey not to see that you’re going no where near the front on anything but spuds. 😆

Just a real shame for him though – had such a good start.

stanfree
    Free Member

Shame for Shanaze and Liam was off to a flyer , looked like a great days entertainment in the sun. I’ll bet tomorrows MTB xc will be a snorefest in comparison.

butcher

We woz robbed.

geetee1972
    Free Member

Looking at the slow mo – his bloody foot came out in the air! 😯

brakes
    Free Member

totally agree. if they go to the effort of getting the best riders into the final through multiple rounds in the heats, why not in the final?

jambalaya
    Free Member

chiefgrooveguru – Member

Does seem odd to have semi finals on points then a sudden death final race.

geetee1972 – Member

FLATS!
    So did he lose his foot trying to whip the bike ?

A great event thoroughly enjoyed watching it but all rather flat now … 🙁

GW
    Free Member

FLATS! if you’d said it over ten years ago I’d have agreed.
    SPDs ruined BMX until supercross IMO. but now it’s progressed so much it’s imense and clips just add to that.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Possibly, but the winner would probably then be the eperson who got 2nds and 3rds, whilst someone else got 1st 1st and a crash, whic is equaly unfair.

Spin
    Free Member

Sorry guys the track is going as its only ridable by such a small few

Is this because the Teletubbies will be moving back in once the games are finished? 😉

GW
    Free Member

there’s shit loads of BMX racing to watch online. go and watch some. it’s the same guys racing some amazing tracks (just not in national colours)

jambalaya
    Free Member

thisisnotaspoon – Member
    Possibly, but the winner would probably then be the eperson who got 2nds and 3rds, whilst someone else got 1st 1st and a crash, whic is equaly unfair.

You can address this by making it three races with last race counting double.

Sailing uses a similar system over 10 or so races, someone who is consistently second or third is seen as a very worthy winner.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

What’s BMX supercross? I know what MX Supercross and it’s little brother Arenacross are and how they compare to outdoor MX, but how does that translate to BMX?

GW
    Free Member

How do you think? 😕

geetee1972
    Free Member

SPDs ruined BMX until supercross IMO. but now it’s progressed so much it’s imense and clips just add to that.

Agreed. I’d like to claim the Edinburgh defense here, but I would, well be accused of using the Edinburgh Defense.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Shame for Shanaze

Hardly surprising though, whoever thought she was podium material was deluding themselves, and blaming the short gaps between motos!? Get fitter then! It’s the same for everyone. Pedalling a bit more might help too.
    There’s going to be a few changes at BC after that.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Sailing uses a similar system over 10 or so races, someone who is consistently second or third is seen as a very worthy winner.

True, but BMX seems a bit more balls out, do or die, etc, not sure being consistently 2nd fits in with that ethos.

convert

As above – it needs a sailing style competition system with say 10 races to the final over a whole day. You could weight 1st higher still by having it worth half a point (or even zero or a minus score) with 2 for second, 3 for third etc to make it worth going for and have some discard rounds to get rid of your unlucky crashes and a final medal race with double points.

klumpy
    Free Member

Wondering what the Edinburgh defence was, I looked on wikipedia. Suprised to see STW and TJ mentioned!! 😯
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Edinburgh_Defense

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

How do you think?

I’ve no idea, hence why I asked.

MX and SX are obviously different. BMX supercross and normal BMX look the same to me.

GW
    Free Member

How the **** did TJ and sailing get dragged in here?? 😥

Viewing 40 posts - 81 through 120 (of 160 total)

The topic ‘Olympic BMX’ is closed to new replies.