Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • OldVanTrackWorld: Wiper blade woes…
  • BillOddie

The windscreen wipers on my 1994 Toyota Hiace campervan need replacing.

I have tried using the Reg to find the right parts but the wipers that came are for J Bend fittings not the *I think* Bayonet fitting. I think this is down to it being a Japanese Import rather than a UK spec van.

Does anyone know where I can get wiper blades to fit?

Pic of blade fitting:
    [url=https://flic.kr/p/SWVb3u]Annoying van wiper fitting.[/url] by Dan and Claire Lees, on Flickr

Cougar

Every wiper blade I’ve ever bought from Halfords / generic motor factors has come with a pack of assorted fittings for different mount styles. I’m 99% sure that included hook fittings that fit your van, it looks familiar to at least one old car I’ve owned. (That said, the last time I bought a blade was probably twenty years ago.)

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

In your position, If your really unsure, I’d be taking advantage of Halfords £5 fitting service.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    trail_rat
    Free Member

you clip the plastic adaptor to the pin on your arm – you then slide the new wiper J bend over the adaptor.

Just buy the correct length generic units.

or as above Nobeers comment of the 5 quid fit at halfords if what i say makes no sense….

bigyinn
    Free Member

Had similar issues with our Toyota Carina 2.
    Those fitting are a PITA and the only wiper blades we could find that had those fittings were Halfords.
    But, you do need the two screws that go in the holes to keep the plastic fitting in place.

BillOddie

@bigyinn

I don’t have any screws, the ones that were on there were just push on.

The last set of wipers I actually bought in France at Carrefour of all places.

I have found some permanent adaptors with screws so that hopefully will sort it longterm.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘OldVanTrackWorld: Wiper blade woes…’ is closed to new replies.