Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)
  • Older woman
  • walla24
    Free Member

Who here has a partner who is older than them, if so by how much? and has it ever caused you concern?

(asking for a friend)

zokes
    Free Member

Wife’s 8 months older than me. I remind her if this for about 8 months of every year 😂😂😂

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

A woman 10 years older than me was hitting on me in a bar last night. Quite vocal about how she liked younger guys

perchypanther
    Free Member

Cougar to the forum.

Expert on the subject apparently 😉

edit: Too slow Rachel, too slow😉

allthegear
    Free Member

Surely Cougar has some views on this matter?

(edit – come to think about it, I was being hit on by some younger guy the other night  was a bit bizarre)

rachel

alanl
    Free Member

Current GF is 2 year older, no problem at all, apart from she occasionally tells her friends that I’m her ‘toy boy’. That’s the only time I want to smack her round the face with a wet fish.

My previous GF for 5 years was 14 years older. Never a problem for me, but it really bothered her, she thought I’d be off with a younger version any day soon, and it made her feel insecure, despite my assurance that I wouldnt. Other than that, we got on really well, until we finally fell out, as she wanted me to move in with her etc, while I still had my daughter at home with me, so I wanted to stay where I was.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

allthegear
    Free Member

Perchypanther – story of my life 😉

perchypanther
    Free Member

If I’d have known I’d have let you finish first.

It’s only good manners.

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

I always let the ladyzz finish first PP…

flange
    Free Member

My other half is 5 years older than me, my previous girlfriend was 8 years older. I’m pretty immature anyway so it doesn’t make much difference….

RustySpanner

10 year difference, no issues.

She’s always been sporty and healthy, I’ve generally kicked the shit out of life, so physically, we’re pretty equal.

I was ambivalent about kids, never a deal-breaker,  yet inherited a couple of daughters in their early 20’s, whilst only in my late 30’s.

Luckily, they accepted me and we love each other to bits

I have a four year old  granddaughter. Is there anything funnier?

Oddly, we all get on with each other’s ex partners.

Modern life is fun.

Be happy.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Dated an older women.

10 years age gap.

Still together 15 years later.

duncancallum

4yrs, and no issues

you know when you are getting old when you stop fancying women older than you….

martymac

My wife is 13 years younger than i am, never been a problem in the slightest. I’m 49.

age is only a number, if i was single, the right woman could be 20something to 60.

and i wouldn’t entirely rule out someone younger than that, but you do need to be realistic about whether you like going out to the pub, younger people want to do that a bit more. It’s the person that matters, not their age.

zippykona

Mrs Zip is 15 days older. We cope.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Wife is 18 months older than me and it’s nearly her birthday. That means for the next six months I tell her she’s now two years older than me.

It’s the little things that keep a marriage running smoothly.

doris5000

Mrs Doris is 5 years older than me, and we got together in our 30s.  The only major issue is that the biological clock comes at you much faster this way round. We’ve been together nearly 7 years now though and it’s been great.

gozarch
    Free Member

11 or 12-year age gap (depending on the time of year) between me and th’husband, so older man rather than older woman. We’ve been together 21 years, so it can’t be that bad.

bikebouy
    Free Member

If I could find one thats loaded, then I’d consider it.

Cougar

Yeah, thanks…!

I don’t think I’ve ever had an older long-term girlfriend.  Not for any particular reason, just how things panned out.

On the subject of my user name: I’ve used it as a moniker since the late 80s, back when it didn’t have the connotations it does now.  I was looking for an online alias and the inspiration came from a character in Top Gun.  One unintentional side-effect now though is that I occasionally get random messages on various messenger / social media channels from horny teenage boys who’ve completely got the wrong idea.

bruneep

once “dated” a woman twice my age, I was 18.

I felt so used… 🙂

hodgynd
    Free Member

Walla 24 ..Im interested in why you are asking the question in the first place ..insomuch as what the cause for concern is ( I’m not really buying the asking for a friend )?

As others have already said age is just a number and if you have genuine feelings for each other it shouldn’t make any difference whatsoever ..or is it that you are worried what other people will think ?

Is it a worry that you won’t fancy them as their looks deteriorate as you get older ?..

Seriously ..just live for the moment and screw everyone else ..if it works and you are both happy what does it matter?

Slightly different I know but I’m 61 at the end of this month with 3 “serious” relationships in my locker ..my partner is 17 years younger than me and we have a 15 year old son ..we will have been together for 20 years in September..

If its right ..its right ..

martymac

Hodgynd +1

if it’s right, it’s right.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Wife was 4 years older.

Gf was 22 Years younger

Current Gf is younger

5plusn8
    Free Member

Had this recommended to me recently. Was very “stimulating”..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen_Vizinczey#In_Praise_of_Older_Women

mrlebowski
    Free Member

Does Louise have a sister?

LeeW

I met my ex when I was 25, she was 38. Inherited a 7 year old step daughter who I adore. Life was great for a good 10 years until we just grew apart. Separated after we both learned we wanted completely different things from life. Have a fairly decent relationship with her, still see her daughter when she’s home from university. She’s living with a good mate of mine, seems happy with him which is good.

It’s easy being with someone where there’s a big age gap if you want the same things in life. It maybe even easier if you’re older than I was when I met my ex. I know now I didn’t really know what I wanted when I was 25. Now I’m in my early 40’s, know exactly what I want but can’t. Not in the conventional sense anyway.

pyranha

Looks like I buck a trend, then – my wife’s 4 days short of 8 years older than me.  We’ve been together 20 years. My last girlfriend before meeting my wife was 8 years younger than me.

RustySpanner

The only age related issue we had was when we first met. Mrs S became worried I’d suddenly want to run off and start breeding.

I’ve always been ambivalent about kids. Previous partner wanted a child AND to move to Australia. I was quite ok with the idea of a kid, we’d have been good parents, but Aus was the clincher. I had elderly parents and as an only child, I was responsible for them.

When I met Mrs S, I knew immediately that this was the person I wanted to spend my life with, she couldn’t have and didn’t want anymore kids, so it was a non issue.

Love the whole stepfather thing though, been an education.

tthew

Seriously ..just live for the moment and screw everyone else ..

Older women are OK with that? Brilliant! (18 months younger than my missis)

hodgynd
    Free Member

😁..

Well jumped on sir …err I mean fk it ..screw that ..oh never mind ..

I should have thought that through a little more before posting ..

cheers_drive

My grandad us 4 years younger than my bank which was rare when the married nearly 70 years ago

wilburt
    Free Member

Both wifes were 10yrs younger than me.

I wouldnt look at a women under 30 and I find people in general only get interesting after 40.

shermer75
    Free Member

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>yourguitarhero
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

A woman 10 years older than me was hitting on me in a bar last night. Quite vocal about how she liked younger guys

</div>

<div class=”bbp-reply-author”>allthegear
    <div class=”bbp-author-role”>
    <div class=””>Member</div>
    </div>
    </div>
    <div class=”bbp-reply-content”>

Surely Cougar has some views on this matter?

(edit – come to think about it, I was being hit on by some younger guy the other night  was a bit bizarre)

rachel

</div>

Lols

sadmadalan

My wife is 6 years older, only issue was the biological clock which meant that we had kids when I was still in my 20’s.  28 years later still together and the kids are now old enough to drag the old man round the woods and service his bike!

gordimhor

Mrs Gordimhor is 5 years older which has never been a problem. In fact I’m batting well above my average

zokes
    Free Member

I should have thought that through a little more before posting ..

Im actually a little disappointed it wasn’t deliberate 😂

timbog160

Would have to be a pensioner lol…

tpbiker
    Free Member

Dated a lass about 5 years older than me a while back… Absolutely smoking hot and particularly filthy… Im now a convert to the slightly older divorced cougar type..

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 41 total)

The topic ‘Older woman’ is closed to new replies.