Older Trance frame with 140mm + forks…Yes or No?

Home Forum Bike Forum Older Trance frame with 140mm + forks…Yes or No?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Older Trance frame with 140mm + forks…Yes or No?
  • hicksville

Hi can you or is anyone running an older trance frame with 140 or 150 mm forks? Okay or any problems? Any pics of built bikes?
    Thanks

might be a bit too much, mine rides alot better with Mav sc32’s ( I used to use pace r/c 39’s) which are 125mm travel, they slow the steering down nicely and raise the bb a bit

much happpier

emac65

I’ve always ran mine with 130mm revs & it just right,doesn’t need winding down when climbing either.Rides like it was made for 130 forks infact 8).Can’t see how much difference 10 mill would make tbh…..

Did try it once with the 100mm Rebas off my h/tail & it felt sh1te compared to a longer/taller fork imo

caledonia

Fitting a set of Recon 351’s to mine in a weeks time !
    Just need to get off this bloody boat first, the forks were delivered 2 days ago and it’s killing me !

See here.
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/bike-upgrade-in-the-making-excited-rider-content#post-256142

I’ve heard Giant warrantied older frames with forks up to 140mm. I’m about to buy an older trance and put 130mm revelations on it.
    the first page or so of this thread may interest you:
    http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/trance-questions

fatgit

Hi
    What Mountain Bike were running a Trance frame with Pikes on it and raved about it-it was some time ago now though.
    I have run mine with 130 revs which were really nice but I needed to put them on something else so put a set of old 125mm TALAS on. I dont think it rides as well but cant really put my finger on it so I have just picked up a bargain set of brand new 07 Pikes which will be going on in the next week or so. They are the U turn ones so I can adjust them if necessary.
    Cheers
    STeve

caledonia

At the high risk of Hikjacking your thread… Was there anything done about the Trance\Maestro Love-in\Meetup ?

Premier Icon scaredypants
    Subscriber

pike on my 2007 (or maybe 2006) trance
    prior to that had a shiver sc on it

for general rides (well, only 1 proper ride really – in the new forest which is FLAT) I had the pike at 120 but have arsed about on the bike at full travel & no problem. Also rode up & back down a 5 or 6 mile switchbacky hill with the shiver on it last year – no trouble at all (didn’t use the eta on the fork as didn’t need it)

here’s a shit pic of it at the top of that loooong climb

hugh_b

I have an 06 trance and i’m running it with a 140mm 09 revelation fork. Rode afan last week and it was lovely. Giant still waaranty it with the longer fork too. Will get pics asap!

james

“with 130 revs which were really nice but I needed to put them on something else so put a set of old 125mm TALAS on. I dont think it rides as well but cant really put my finger on it”

130mm Revs are 508mm arch-crown
    125mm Fox are I think 496mm

So theres more hieght difference than you may have thought, altering all the angles/effective measurements of everything

hicksville

Cheers what do you reckon the bikes weigh?

caledonia

It’s a trade off on weight.

You can either go for the more modern(slightly lighter) frame and go for an XC weight weenie machine,

Or you can sacrifice some of the grammes for more AM build.

I personally have the latter, and that’s always been the case because it’s my ‘do anything’ bike. Trail centres, XC, play around on some jumpy stuff.

It’s what YOU think you’re gonna want to ride most, and then build to suit.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Older Trance frame with 140mm + forks…Yes or No?’ is closed to new replies.