Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 221 total)
  • Older age and trendy! clothes
  • grum
    Free Member

I have a corduroy shirt from the aforementioned universal works.

An attractive 25 year old at a party told me unprompted that I look good in it. That’s good enough for me. 😁

https://www.endclothing.com/gb/universal-works-super-fine-cord-garage-shirt-21558-grn.html

piemonster

Most likely mistook you for their geography lecturer

scotroutes

Oof!

tjagain

My look was once described as ” post apocalyptic geography teacher”

I was wearing black laceup shoes ( well polished of course) Black dress trousers, a purple polo shirt and a lilac v neck jumper.

tjagain

Thats another issue – look round any group of men and they all wear the same shades of beige and gray.

Wear some colours. Lilac, turquise and saffron are my faves

frankconway

Polo shirt and v-neck; I’m sure each was…fetching but – not together.
    Opens wardrobe to look at shirts – work ones are plain/bengal stripe/subtle check; smart casual are gingham check/bold stripes/paisley/herringbone/floral patterned/plains in strong colours – deep pink, fuchsia, cardinal red, bright yellow, dark green.
    Three dress shirts.
    Different cuff links for every double cuff shirt.
    About 30 silk ties; four bow ties.
    Pocket squares – yep, a few of those.
    I have something of a shoe obsession but let’s not go there…

grum
    Free Member

Most likely mistook you for their geography lecturer

tjagain

Good work on the colours and silk squares Frank but i am perturbed by the loudness of the pattens and I am sure paisley is no longer allowed

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Thank god the proper adults have turned up.

Rubber_Buccaneer

This is another of those threads where I don’t know who is taking the piss and who is serious 🧐

frankconway

tj – paisley is beyond fashion; it’s a staple of class – visit your bespoke tailor and ask to look at linings.
    Loudness of patterns; tsk, tsk – you should focus on how the various patterns are incorporated into an overall look.
    Moving on from that – you are Nigel Day and I claim my £10.

Thank god the proper adults have turned up.

Preens, presumptiously…

funkmasterp

visit your bespoke tailor and ask to look at linings.

Pure, distilled, essence of STW.

Caher

This is another of those threads where I don’t know who is taking the piss and who is serious

It’s good fun though.

frankconway

Pure, distilled, essence of STW.

Only if both parties have an Audi (ideally A6 offroad) with in-car espresso maker, wood burner and De’Longhi bean to cup machine.
    Must also have the right make of axe, properly honed.
    God, it’s tiring being so…on trend.

frankconway

This is another of those threads where I don’t know who is taking the piss and who is serious

Let me assure you, no one is taking the piss; this is all…serious.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

+4s

Cougar

*applause*

DezB
    Free Member

The joy for me is, the serious ones are the funniest.

frankconway

Spats.

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

A quality walking stick is essential

frankconway

Don’t forget the monocle.

eyestwice
    Free Member

In my early forties, my OH has me kitted me out almost entirely from Atom Retro.

So when I’m not rocking the traditional ‘middle-aged-rock-climber-stroke-mountain-biker’ look, I seemingly attempt to look like Steve McQueen.

Actually works for me, apparently. YMMV, my body shape hasn’t really changed from my 20s which probably helps.

kayak23

I have a corduroy shirt from the aforementioned universal works.

An attractive 25 year old at a party told me unprompted that I look good in it. That’s good enough for me. 😁

That was nice of him.

gauss1777
    Free Member

When I was a young child I used to hate my mother choosing my clothes for me. Now, I’d rather go out looking like Dominic Cummings, than let my wife choose what I wear!

grum
    Free Member

See my last post @kayak23

oldgit
    Free Member

Well I thought #### it, and bought more vintage style stuff. It turned up, wore it for sundays festival of swing, felt a million dollars. So I’ll stick with it every day.

grum
    Free Member

Excellent!

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

Go on ya oldgit,time you had a word with the nerds on here!

tjagain

vintage is fine. There seems to be some misconceptions here. Style and class do not equal trendy and fashionable. Class is permanent, fashion is empheral

Rubber_Buccaneer

felt a million dollars

Only one million?  Needs a Dr Evil meme 😀

grum
    Free Member

OK just for shits and giggles and to hopefully start the ball rolling…. Here’s everyday type of dress for the school run 🙂

Jacket – Fjallraven
    T shirt – Armor Lux
    Jeans – Edwin selvedge tapered
    Trainers – Saucony
    Glasses – Oakley

Not claiming any high fashion just good quality staples innit.

And yes – I am chubby, thanks.

funkmasterp

Where’s Wally is looking a bit older nowadays 😉

Just to level things I look like Casper the Friendly ghost with a beard (and occasionally clothes) and also wear Oakley glasses and selvedge denim. Vivo barefoot in the footwear department and rarely wear a coat or jacket.

grum
    Free Member

Ba doom tish!

But yes, I know I should have a t shirt that says ‘fork you’ with a picture of some bombers, or an obscure sci fi film reference, or something equally cool. My apologies.

i_scoff_cake
    Free Member

I’d make it a law than anyone over about 35 shouldn’t wear shorts and/or sleeveless vests in public. Young fat people probably shouldn’t either.

It should also be illegal for anyone over 18 to walk around with a naked torso especially in a supermarket. During the summer, a man of about 65 was walking the trail near me with a naked torso and I still feel ill thinking of that image.

Sandals with no socks should be illegal too. Death penalty for wearing them on public transport especially planes.

funkmasterp

Sandals with no socks should be illegal too

Are you saying sandals should be worn with socks? Just need to clarify before reporting your post for crimes against humanity.

tjagain

Not everyday wear but……………

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jJTkdZ]34885587_10156717094234274_1214281649370431488_o[/url] by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

grum
    Free Member

Lovely pic and you do look rather dapper TJ

tjagain

Well you didn’t think I was going to put a pic of my usual scruffy self did you? That was at a wedding. the only photos of me I seem to have are at parties or in outdoor kit

[url=https://flic.kr/p/2jJQ3H7]198122_10150103047340653_4592041_n[/url] by TandemJeremy, on Flickr

monkeycmonkeydo
    Free Member

That second pictures a bit terrifying.

eyestwice
    Free Member

I’d make it a law than anyone over about 35 shouldn’t wear shorts and/or sleeveless vests in public.

I do both of the above and I’m 41. I don’t intend to sweat in full attire, I wear what’s comfortable and what fits me.

My intention is neither to look nor feel younger than I am. I work out. I ride and I feel in the best shape of my life.

There are many, many, many prime examples of people half my age, three times my size and 10 times less fit than I am. Wearing aforementioned attire and looking (IMHO) a damn sight worse than I do. Through them being fat and lazy.

Discuss.

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 221 total)

The topic ‘Older age and trendy! clothes’ is closed to new replies.