Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Old vs New
  • infidel
    Free Member

Here’s one I’ve been thinking about over the last couple of days. I’ve got year old Revelations on my Yeti 575. I bought them new as they were a bit of a bargain. At 130mm the length is probably a little short for the bike so I’ve been thinking of changing them. TBH there is nothing wrong with them and the bike rides fine for the South Downs nevertheless….. so I’ve been looking about and saw some Pace RC41 fighters – at 150mm probably a better size for the bike. They cost a kidney new but secondhand seem OK (assuming Mrs Infidel doesnt see the bank statement!) I have, however, read about leaky seals and am wondering if – although great at the time, they really stand up to the more modern technology of the (shorter)revs.

Any wisdom from the forum?!

infidel
    Free Member

anyone??!!!

MrCrushrider
    Free Member

the relaiblity of the pace/dt swiss forks has always worried me – especially for the money. you thought about the new 09 revs? 140mm and they seem very solid. i love mine, and they arent even the QR15 version

Swiftacular
    Free Member

Have had Pace RC41’s for 2 years with absolutely no problems, the only thing to say against them maybe is they have quite small stanchions for the travel (the 150mm) compared to most of the competition now. Very stiff tho, or at least the bolt through ones are, and very light for travel. I like the action of them as well, very predictable, no surprises.

infidel
    Free Member

Thanks for the info – things are alright with 130mm, I was just toying with buying longer forks just because more bike stuff is no bad thing (!) and wondered about reliability and the like and comparison of old but originally expensive vs. newer but cheaper.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Old vs New’ is closed to new replies.