Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • old style berlingo van
  • meeeee
    Free Member

in the van model ie just 2 front seats, and the old style body, can you get 2 bikes in with the wheels on?
    Do they have to go diagonally, or will the go straight in? Just wondering how much spare space there is once bikes are in.

Cheers

Fortunateson09
    Free Member

You can get 2 bikes in one with rear seats without much trouble. Turns out Berlingos are the best things ever.

racing_ralph
    Free Member

if you are the pope or disabled

5lab

i would have thought so. can get 2 easily in the back of a mondeo estate, which can also do 4 bikes + 4 people if you take the wheels off, or 5 + 5 if you take the pedals & loosen the stems 😀

DickBarton

You could get 3 complete bikes in with plenty of space – probably 4 with careful packing…no probs at all…plus all your kit as well…

Suggsey
    Free Member

Just beware on those vans, the drivers seat adjustment in rake etc is limited by the low load bulkhead. I personall find them hell to sit in and drive for any distance.

sweepy
    Free Member

Im 6foot four and drive 20k miles a year in mine. 3 bikes easy in the back, or if im away I can sleep in the back on one side with the bike on the other. running costs are no worse than car.
    Downside is without a turbo its devilish slow and its never going to be cool

DickBarton

Make sure you get the right tyres for the van variety of the Berlingo – it's a van and needs reinforced tyres, whereas the car-version doesn't – apparently it will fail an MOT if the wrong tyres are fitted to the van version.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘old style berlingo van’ is closed to new replies.