Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Old school hi-fi help!
  • PJ266
    Free Member

Hellooooo, found these in my gran’s house and in need of some help from the STW hive-mind. The amp is a Grundig RTV-320 and the speakers are also by Grundig.

P1040451 by PaulusMaximus26, on Flickr

P1040452 by PaulusMaximus26, on Flickr

I realise the sound isnt going to be great, but they are cool as ken and still work, however the amp has quite alot of interference in the controls.

So basically what im asking is 1. are they worth much? (not that im going to be selling) 2. how much approximately would it cost to get the amp/tuner serviced?? They’re lovely looking components and have quite alot of sentimental value too.

Thanks for any help!!

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

The contacts will be dirty, try just turning the knobs and flicking the switches. Or get some contact cleaner and clean them.

timber

take the case off and give it a gentle clean-up, probably 30 years of dust in there, whilst there have a look for any corroded bits or leaky capacitors.

Raindog
    Free Member

Cracking jumper 🙂

falkirk-mark

how does she know gok wan ?

sc-xc

well, one went for 27 Euro on German ebay recently…so probably not worth trying to sell…

PJ266
    Free Member

Yup, it hasnt been used for a while so fiddling around may improve it, and I’ll have a gander at taking the case off if it doesnt improve much.

Aaaaaand thats not Gok Wan, however it is a celebrity, anyone care to venture a guess??? 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Old school hi-fi help!’ is closed to new replies.